Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all... Brand new to the forum, but been a reader for a while... Couldn't seem to find the answer to a question I have, so here I am! My Wrangler is my first Jeep... I've had my 2012 JKU Sahara for 6 months now and I'm planning a road trip. She has never had her doors or top off, but that's what this trip is going to change... I am planning on getting a set of spare Bestop mirrors and DieTech mirror relocation brackets. Now to the question: Has anybody had any problems with anything being stolen from their doorless Jeep? I am a bit concerned about my floor mats and headrests... It may completely be unfounded, but has anybody had any experience with this? I am not too concerned about the vehicle itself... First off it has an alarm, second it has insurance. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Same rule applies to even just having a soft top on it. Don't leave anything in their you like. Lol. Also make sure everything is secure and covered. Things like to try and roll out or run away when you dont have doors and take turns.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I guess it depends on where you are. I have never had a problem. I lock stuff in the console or the glove compartment.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ive never had a problem, But the most valuable thing I keep in the jeep is an OLD Garmin 200nuvi gps.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Just don't leave anything in it. I leave 10 dollar sun glasses on the dash and never had them stolen. I leave my CB in the jeep and I think it still there because who else but jeepers use them.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've had people go through my glove compartment and what not because I forgot to lock them up. I don't really buy expensive sun glasses anymore either lol. Other then that your jeep parts such as floor mats and head rests should be ok :thumb:

·
Registered
898 Posts
I have a lock box under the seat, a lock box in the rear well and a locking rear trunk box that keeps stuff secure when the hard top is off. I leave the glove and center box unlocked so they don't get broken in to.

·
The Bad Guy
23,255 Posts
sully215 said:
I guess it depends on where you are. I have never had a problem. I lock stuff in the console or the glove compartment.
Bad move. If they are locked someone may tear them apart to get inside. Leave them unlocked with nothing of value in them. Get a bestop under seat lockbox.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ruby Tuesday said:
Road trip with out your top or doors? I would be more concerned about the weather
Living in south Texas, weather is hardly EVER an issue... Looking forward to some nice weather come this winter... Hardly ever gets cold enough for a light jacket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts