Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I hunted months for my Wrangler and had it for a couple weeks before tragedy struck. Someone made an illegal left across traffic right in front of me. Took a wicked hit on the drivers side front, sent me over a small embankment, through some trees and shrubs and rocks. Bumper was smashed, and the tie rod ends and control arm were a little bent. Will be stuck in a rental for about 2 more weeks.

His Mitsubishi, however, was totaled. The impact took most of the front end off and crushed the rest like a pop can. I had just put brand new Duratracs on a few days prior. Half of his front bumper apparently was destroyed by my sidewall. My tire didn't even spring a leak.

I have slush mats, new running boards, winch mount, lights, and some other things that recently arrived sitting here with no Jeep to go on. Feels like it's years away from coming back to me.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sucks when all your hard work is ruined by a d bag. The garbage insurance of mi is no fault so my rig didn't even get fixed... Some woman thought lighting a smoke was more important than driving her Lexus... Right into my Cummins.

·
Registered
408 Posts
At least you are fine and not seeing all the wasted hours you could have spent putting all the new gear on it. Enjoy your Jeep once it comes back

·
Administrator
42,602 Posts
Wow, I'm glad you are okay dude.

Something similar happened to me on the 18th of April and my rig is still in the shop (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/my-sarge-is-in-the-infirmary-658569.html).
I was only going ~30 MPH but they have found quite a few things needing replacement, repair or tightening. Make sure they check things out thoroughly.

Here's a pic and the other vehicle side by side after they were towed.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sorry to hear about the wreck:rip: but at least your ok and walked away!:)
-sass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts