Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, today I purchased a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with 46k miles for 23k. It is in pristine condition and the previous owner never took it offroad.

It is a dark navy blue with a hardtop. It's a manual transmission with power locks and windows. I am very pleased with the deal I got on it as it has a KBB of around 25k.

I am hoping this will last me for many years to come, and I am very excited to be joining the group of wrangler owners!

PS any opinions on the new wrangler that are specific to the 2010 year that would be helpful? any opinions on the price i paid?

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I walked into a simliar deal with my 2011 JKU Rubicon. I'm new to the group but it sounds like a good deal. And I sat there thinking the same after buying mine for $28K with both tops, leather, auto, and remote start and then came to the conclusion what's it matter? I own it now and it's time to start having some fun with it! Just got the Harken Hoist installed today so I plan on switching to the soft top for the summer.

Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Welcome. All I can say is I bought a 2010 Sport 2 years ago (used with only 9100 miles on it and paid 19,900) and I love it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congrats and welcome from VA..................

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Welcome to the madness. The only issues with my 2010 were 2 recalls. One was for weeping transmission fluid lines, and the other was for the transmission skid plate. You might check, to see if your's is involved with those 2 issues.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
You can't go wrong with a 10 Rubicon. Even though the 3.8 is a bit underpowered you have 4.10's with a manual trans. which I know I don't have any complaints with that combination. Plus, the 10 model year is the most reliable JK. 4yrs. of production Chrysler pretty much worked the bugs out. Good luck. At 46k the only thing I would consider doing are fluid changes, trans., transfer case and difs., if it hasn't been done already. Also check your rear brake pads. They were probably changed already. The rears go first in a JK. Good luck with your Rubicon.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and to Jeep ownership!

Price is really geography specific and keep in mind Wranglers hold their value. The price is water under the bridge. As far as your wallet goes, worry about all the mods you will want as you read through the treads and see all the eye candy in this forum. Enjoy your Rub!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts