Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been working over the last year to get this new roof rack system off the ground. We are almost there, we will be launching at SEMA at the end of the month.

Andrew, the owner of OUT4X4, purchased a Jeep in 2010 and really didn't want to put a cage on the car, he figured he had about $2-3k to produce a solution himself instead of purchasing something that didn't quite do the job he was after. So after a year of tinkering with his car, he has fitted out about 9 vehicles in Victoria with his system, he has upgraded to a 2012 Jeep and we have just gone into production with this new roof rack system.

The Heavy Hauler Roof Rack System is the first product of its kind to utilise the inherent strengths of the Jeep JK Wrangler and allow various sized loads to be transported without an external cage system. It has been designed to compliment the existing lines of the Jeep JK Hardtop.

Once installed, the system allows the Jeep JK Wrangler Freedom Panels or entire roof to be removed without dismantling the system.

Comprising single piece cast aluminium external components and cut and shaped, solid steel internals, all parts of the OUT4X4 are powder coated and colour matched to compliment the existing roof.

The OUT4X4 patented Roof Rack System is derived from a robust infrastructure, fitted to the internal compartment of the Jeep. Once bolted into place the weight from any given load is distributed along the body of the Jeep.

Tested to Australian Standards (*AS1235-2000 Road Vehicle Roof Bar Testing) and when paired with the recommended RHINO roof racks, the Heavy Hauler Roof rack system is rated to carry an evenly distributed load of 100kgs over two rails, or 120kgs over 3 rails.

Kits will be available from mid November for the Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD JK Hardtop 02/11 On, The 03/07 to 01/11 kits and a version for the 2 Doors will be available early 2013.

I've put some photos below, let me know what you think of this new system.

//
Jonno

·
Registered
69 Posts
How much $$$

481 Posts
Very interesting.

After having a Gobi rack, I'll never believe there is a good roof rack solution for a soft top. The Gobi rack is extremely well built and does everything advertised, but the wind noise with the top down is way too loud, and with the top up is just annoying.

I could see being interested in something like this. Can it handle a roof top tent? Also the price point needs to be right, as I already own the hard top.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks like it permanently bolts onto the rear portion of the hardtop

$?
It is bolted to the hardtop. Some drilling is required. There are also internal components bolted in. But once its on, there is no need to take it off. Although it comes off easy too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very interesting.

After having a Gobi rack, I'll never believe there is a good roof rack solution for a soft top. The Gobi rack is extremely well built and does everything advertised, but the wind noise with the top down is way too loud, and with the top up is just annoying.

I could see being interested in something like this. Can it handle a roof top tent? Also the price point needs to be right, as I already own the hard top.
We have had three decent humans standing up on a tray on the roof. Its rated to 120kgs for driving, and has passed extremely high loads with testing nothing even moved... We will be testing it again in the new year hoping to increase the official rating. So there is no reason why it can not take a roof top tent and sleep a one or two persons while stationary.

Opens up a whole new range of possibilities now for the fibreglass roof doesn't it...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks great!!! Does it come with accessories such as basket, bike rack, ski mount etc.? One on your pictures seems to show a basket. How much height does it add to the Jeep?

·
Super Moderator
62,805 Posts
I like it. Looks like a cool product.
I hate to rain on your parade, but you might want to see about getting a vendor membership so that this doesn't get deleted

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks great!!! Does it come with accessories such as basket, bike rack, ski mount etc.? One on your pictures seems to show a basket. How much height does it add to the Jeep?
The base kit is just the components in the first picture. It fits Rhino Trackmount Leg RTL500 then you can choose any cross bar options, Aero, Heavy Duty, RSP.

So we will be offering all combos.

But, the basket featured fits without cross bars, it sits right on top of the legs. So height is reduced.

Actually today we just fitted a brand new Rhino tray, it has no side walls, just a flat tray, all matt black, so sleek and low. We have a pull out awning, large gear bag, shovel mount and jerry's up there. I took some photos today, will share soon as soon as I download them.

So options are endless... Up to your requirements really.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like others, I too am interested...looking forward to seeing the pricing.
Sure I knew this would be the first question. We are based in Australia, so will be finalizing our pricing before SEMA and will publish it as soon as we can.

Out of interest, what is the price bracket you would be looking at a system like this, Including roof rack cross bars?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts