Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Just bought my first Jeep as a birthday present to myself. Company relocated me to Hillsboro and so I thought I would say hi and introduce myself

I just bought a 1995 YJ 4.0L automatic that is already built and capable (alot more capable then it owner at the moment) :)

Would love to find some people to go wheeling with and get my feet wet so to speak. I have sun, mon, tues and every other wed off.

Some specs:

33 x 12.5 x 15 Pro Comp Extreme mud terrains
4.5" Rubicon extreme duty lift
U Bolt Flip
Shackle reversal
Steering Brace JKS Quick dis-connect sway bar
JKS telescoping Trac Bar
Bilstien Long Travel Shocks
Extended bump stops
Custom drive shafts
HD Transfer Case with slip yoke eliminator
Lockers F & R with 4.10 gears
Transmission HD build, low first gear ratio to have engine braking on steep slopes
Transmission cooler
Cold Air Intake, throttle body spacer, Ignition Upgrade
Rock sliders
Gas tank skid
Oil pan Skid
Aftermarket AC
Bumpers front & rear
Oversized Tire carrier
1" Body Lift
Bomb proof motor mounts
Roll Cage
Corbeau Baja race seats
4 point harness driver and passenger

Regards,

Paul in Hillsboro, OR

Picture is in Borrego Springs, CA last weekend

Attachments

·
I'm not lost
1,974 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and to the jeep life style! We have monthly GTG's and runs often in this neck of the woods.

I'm in Aloha. I"m hosting a Newbie run ON the 18th of this month. For all the Newbies to the forum. Check out the link in my signature. It is where we post all the info for events and get together. :) Hope to meet you soon! Oh and we have a Group Meeting on the 12th if feel up to running up to Vancouver. You are welcome to follow me and the husband up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will definitely be at the meeting on the 12th but i work saturdays so i can't make the run on the 18th unfortunately. I will pm you when it get closer to the 12th so we can meet somewhere and we can follow you and your hubby up there.

·
I'm not lost
1,974 Posts
Sounds Great! Not all runs are on Saturdays so I'm sure you will get to come to one :) We have several guys that have weekdays off also. So we get a verity of days of the week.

Looking forward to meeting you!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I am very happy with it. I harassed the previous owner for 2 years to sell it to me and he finally gave in. I have Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays off every week. This week will be spent registering/insuring and getting my OHV permit for it and going though and checking torque on everything since i just drove it 1100 miles from SoCal to hillsboro.

·
I'm not lost
1,974 Posts
OHV Permit can be got at Hillsboro Honda something something across from the airport and the nest to the Fair grounds, or at Accessory Outfitters on Alexander and 181st just one block of TV HY

If you need to know where anything is just ask :) Been on this side of town for about 15 years.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hillsboro motorsports has them. I got the one for my hunting quad there when i first got here in august last year. but it is now in montana being used by my buddies dad on his property since he can't get around as easy anymore.

Is there any place around I can go that doesn't require a permit? I just want to get out for a little bit sunday

·
I'm not lost
1,974 Posts
AustinYJ said:
Hillsboro motorsports has them. I got the one for my hunting quad there when i first got here in august last year. but it is now in montana being used by my buddies dad on his property since he can't get around as easy anymore.

Is there any place around I can go that doesn't require a permit? I just want to get out for a little bit sunday
Not that will offer trails. Up out of Astoria at Fort Stevens has beach access. No permit required but no dunes to play on.Or stop at the forest service station and get a service road map. Service roads can be gravel roads to something more challenging.

·
I'm not lost
1,974 Posts
Also Mt.Hood had some roads but most of them will have snow this time of year. Not to be played on with out a trail buddy

·
I'm not lost
1,974 Posts
AustinYJ said:
Ok I will just wait till I get my permit then :)
At the meeting we can make sure you hook up with some of the guys who have weekdays off :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That would be awesome.
Got my OHV permit today. The person I talked to on the phone obviously did not know what i was asking about. So I am good to go :thumb:

·
I'm not lost
1,974 Posts
That would be awesome.
Got my OHV permit today. The person I talked to on the phone obviously did not know what i was asking about. So I am good to go :thumb:
AWESOME!!!!:thumb: That covers most of the OHV Parks Including the dunes. But when playing in the Dunes you also have to have an Orange flag I think 9 feet in the air. But don't quote me on the height LOL :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts