Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*New Jeep Owner Question* Changing Stock 32" tires to 35" on 2" lift possible??

I just bought a 2012 2 door Sahara Wrangler Altitude Edition black (JK)

As per title, I've been told by my local jeep shop (just jeeps) in Toronto, Canada that I can ONLY do 33" tires ON a 2" lift. They told me that it would cost 3500 (with tax, service, NO rims-I'm using my own, on GY Duratrac 33x11.5). In order for me to go to 35" tires, I would need to raise the jeep more than 2% which would require 6000-7000 inclusive (prices in CDN).

Now, I've found through a bit of research on WF here that it is possible to place 35" tires on stock rims with a 2" lift? Is that true?

Any answers would really be appreciated! Thanks guys in advance!

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
pitchblack said:
Thanks, but has anyone here tried putting on 35" tires with a 2" lift?
I haven't done it, but I am certain it can be done for predominantly street driving. If you flex the suspension a lot of road, you'll rub your flares. Even then, you can trim the fender flares or buy flatties if you desire.

And I don't know much about Canadian prices, but that seems really high for a 2" lift, which is probably just a budget boost.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right I was thinking the same thing as well. I have yet to find other retailers that do exclusive jeeps in the Toronto area in Canada but I am trying. The sales man was basically saying that he would have to saw off something if I went 35" with stock rims, and just a 2" lift. I find I hard to believe. I predominantly drive highway with no plans (for now) to go offroad.

Even the base of 3500 seems excessive. The sales man claims the lift is the cheapest part at $350 (which I'm not sure is the service or lift kit).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was in at my BC Canada OK Tire dealer yesterday. I have a 2012 4dr Rubi. The 2" lift was quoted at $750 installed. I decided on a 2" lift with 35 x 12.5 x 17 on new Eagle rims. They do this package all the time for local Jeep dealers. I was advised that there would be very slight rubbing on the inside when cranked all the way that would not be a problem. The total package including the lift was $3750 taxes in!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm running 35's on a 2" spacer lift. At full flex, the fenders are about to pop off. lol

Here's some small flexing with 35's and the swaybar wasn't even disconnected.

Here's with 33's before I switched to 35's. Same lift and I couldn't go up all the way on the ramp because the fenders were flexing so bad. It's a lot worse now with 35's.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Flat flares, fellas. Flat flares.

Either that or more lift. Also, I can't see from the pics, but I assume you might want to look at your pinch seam too just to make sure you're not about to gouge your tires. :thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Flat flares, fellas. Flat flares.

Either that or more lift. Also, I can't see from the pics, but I assume you might want to look at your pinch seam too just to make sure you're not about to gouge your tires. :thumb:
Flat flares are coming soon. And my rockrails are preventing me from hitting the pinch seams. I have to shave them and roll the pinch seam too... ;)

·
Registered
780 Posts
With flat flares you can run 35's with no lift. This pic is from one of our Jeep shops down here (Double Black Off Road)

35s Procomp 98 steel wheels and DBOR flat flares! NO LIFT!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just bought a 2012 2 door Sahara Wrangler Altitude Edition black (JK)

As per title, I've been told by my local jeep shop (just jeeps) in Toronto, Canada that I can ONLY do 33" tires ON a 2" lift. They told me that it would cost 3500 (with tax, service, NO rims-I'm using my own, on GY Duratrac 33x11.5). In order for me to go to 35" tires, I would need to raise the jeep more than 2% which would require 6000-7000 inclusive (prices in CDN).

Now, I've found through a bit of research on WF here that it is possible to place 35" tires on stock rims with a 2" lift? Is that true?

Any answers would really be appreciated! Thanks guys in advance!

I'm running 35s with a leveling kit, Mopar 19/60 springs, and flat flares. No issues at all.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I am running 315/70r17 Duratracs on my 2012 JKUR with OME 2616/2617 springs. About 2.25" of lift. I also run OME bumpstops that are 2.36". At full flex I do not rub the factory fenders. I should also note that my procomp 7069 wheels have 4.75" back spacing.

Edit...I have maybe 1/8" clearance between tire and rubirail/ pinch seam at full stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts