Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My jeep arrives on Thursday the 18th, and I have a burning question. no its not how high a lift can i get, or what size tires can I run, all those are unimportant questions.

Can I run a soft top through a car wash? Im thinking NO.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I think the recommendation is a touchless car wash with a soft top so you don't scratch up the plastic windows.

·
Registered
760 Posts
car wash

:dance:hi, I only take my 2012 jk to a touch less car wash, then hand dry, or I hand wash it. Then I go find some mud and have fun...:popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Whatever you do, avoid the automatic scrubber washes like the plague. A ripped off mirror and a beat up side later, I learned my lesson. Haven't gone through one since I got my JK. I prefer the touchless, laser, whatever they call them now if I'm not hand scrubbing.

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
I haven't tried it yet but I've heard of others in the forum that have with no problems.

·
Registered
876 Posts
My 04 TJ owners manual said not to.
Do not run a fabric top through an automatic car
wash. Window scratches and wax build up may
result.
My 13 JK has the exact same wording in its manual.

I took the TJ through a few touchless washes with no problems. The non touchless, I always worried about the pressure exerted on the bows so I avoided them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was worried about the sidways water coming in the top, and ending up sitting in the Jeep like a carrot in a soup pot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts