Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just picked a super clean 2010 Sahara with only 48k! This is my first experience in the Jeep world, and I'll be honest, all the modification options are a little overwhelming. Currently its sitting on factory 18's with new 255/70/18 AT tires. I understand that this was the factory size and measures at a little over 32" tall. Personally I'm happy with the look, but would like to see if I can "widen" the stance a little. If I was to buy spacers and install them is that something that is ok to do with stock wheels? Also is it common to do them front and rear, or are they only made for front? Please forgive my ignorance! I really look forward to learning more!

Reactions: Blue Baby Sound

·
Super Moderator
15,718 Posts
Glad to have you here!
Welcome to Wrangler Forum :welcome: :wavey:

Check out this thread, it will probably answer all your questions: LINK

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Old Dogger, are you telling me front and rear is ok?

·
Super Moderator
10,648 Posts
Welcome to the Forum EricW,

We all have our opinions. I'm not a fan of wheel spacers. I think they're just one more thing that could fail. If installed and torqued properly, however, it's unlikely they'll fail.

I think a better way is to widen your stance with aftermarket wheels that will have the backspacing that will conform to the width you want.
As far as how much backspacing, talk that over with the salesperson at the tire store or give Quadratec a call and talk to one of their sales reps. You can see what wheels they offer in their online catalog.
There are other online retailers that also sell custom wheels.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Luckymac!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts