Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently placed an order for a new 2012 JKU Flame red Rubicon. Having never owned a jeep before, I am absolutely dying with anticipation!!! Can't wait to wheel the beast. My current ride is a 99 Explorer with the 5.0L and it hasn't skipped a beat with nearly 210K miles. It will be sad to say goodbye but I can't wait to start offroading again!!!

ordered 10/29.....
Stealership said it was in BG status late November and I haven't heard anything since. The 1-877-IAMJEEP number indicated that they didn't have a status last I called. I just can't wait, it sucks being impatient!!!! ;)

Great forum here, can't wait to learn more about my jeep!!! :dance:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey, I'm waiting on delivery of my first Jeep as well, a 2012 JKU Rubicon (White). I know what you're saying about the wait but to be honest I am filling the time with ordering floor liners and reading through the free manual that Jeep delivered. That way I'll be better educated about my new ride by the time it gets here. Did you order the manual in advance? I think you can also download a digital version online.

Good luck with your wait.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not received the free manual yet, sounds like a good read. This is my first Jeep so the excitement is absolutely killer. Is it the actual owner's manual???
When did you order yours?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Didn't you hear? There is a UAW strike planned for the rest of the year. There is a total work stoppage as of COB today and it is expected to last at least three months, maybe more.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Okay...just kidding! Congrats on the new Jeep and, yes, waiting stinks!

Mac

·
Registered
15 Posts
Didn't you hear? There is a UAW strike planned for the rest of the year. There is a total work stoppage as of COB today and it is expected to last at least three months, maybe more.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Funny stuff :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have not received the free manual yet, sounds like a good read. This is my first Jeep so the excitement is absolutely killer. Is it the actual owner's manual???
When did you order yours?
I ordered mine by telephone about three weeks ago, and received it in about ten days. (I am in Canada.) You don't have to wait for actual delivery of your new Jeep to get the manuals.

Up Hill Bill has a thread going on this very subject where you can get all of the info.

The manuals they sent me are the real printed ones and are extremely helpful.

Just search for the following thread:

Free PRINTED owner's manual

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Hey, I'm waiting on delivery of my first Jeep as well, a 2012 JKU Rubicon (White). I know what you're saying about the wait but to be honest I am filling the time with ordering floor liners and reading through the free manual that Jeep delivered. That way I'll be better educated about my new ride by the time it gets here. Did you order the manual in advance? I think you can also download a digital version online.

Good luck with your wait.
I'm in the same boat reading through the manuals and ordering mods :)

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
ordered 10/29.....
Stealership said it was in BG status late November and I haven't heard anything since. The 1-877-IAMJEEP number indicated that they didn't have a status last I called. I just can't wait, it sucks being impatient!!!! ;)

Great forum here, can't wait to learn more about my jeep!!! :dance:
I totally agree. Ordered just under 2 weeks ago, and mine should get built on the next cycle starting well, this month (Monday I think starts the new cycle?). They expect it to show by mid-January on the lot. Oh well, I can't potentially buy until the 17th of December anyway if I end up using the Tread Lightly discount since it uses the Chrysler Affiliate program now and you have to wait for 30 days after becoming a member of whatever organization you are part of before Chrysler will let you participate in the Affiliate pricing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I ordered mine by telephone about three weeks ago, and received it in about ten days. (I am in Canada.) You don't have to wait for actual delivery of your new Jeep to get the manuals.

Up Hill Bill has a thread going on this very subject where you can get all of the info.

The manuals they sent me are the real printed ones and are extremely helpful.

Just search for the following thread:

Free PRINTED owner's manual
I ordered mine Oct 17th and no VIN yet! :banghead: How the hell did you get is so quick? Do they do certain runs of jeeps or just fill the orders as they come?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ordered ours Nov. 3rd. Already picked up a Rockhard bumper but was told by the boss to hold off ordering anything else until we have a VIN at least.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ordered ours Nov. 3rd. Already picked up a Rockhard bumper but was told by the boss to hold off ordering anything else until we have a VIN at least.
I don't having a VIN either. Some people who have ordered around the time I ordered are already getting delivery dates and times. I don't mind waiting, I just like to know where things are in the entire process. The excitement and anticipation caused me to stay awake all last night writing
"All work and no jeep make Greg a dull boy..." My wife was concerned for some reason...:hide:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered a Flame Red JKUR on Nov 19th. No VIN yet. Dealer said I will automatically get an email with tracking info sent to me. Does this sound right? Hopefully both of our red Rubicons will be built soon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The wait was painful and after I left my deposit I felt like I was the one giving the dealer the information (insight was working up until last week for everyone). I suggest you start reading about all the modifications. There is so much out there for the Jeep JK.

Google SEMA Jeep 2011 and enjoy the eye candy.

If you get mental go to another Stealership and test drive them :rofl:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

:rofl::rofl:
So mean. Sooooo very mean.
:D

·
Registered
131 Posts
When we ordered we were told the 24R package was on restriction and from postings in other threads it would seem that could be the case. I don't how many of us waiting on VINs ordered Autos but that could be the cause we are waiting and others are receiving.

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
I originally planned on ordering my Jeep, but when I saw everything I wanted and only 2 things I didn't in the storage lot, (730n, which I really like now, and no towing pkg, which I can add later anyway) I went for it.
I think I'd be going crazy waiting too, so my hat it off to you folks.

The cool thing is the super cool awesome reward you get for waiting. YOUR JEEP! :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
When we ordered we were told the 24R package was on restriction and from postings in other threads it would seem that could be the case. I don't how many of us waiting on VINs ordered Autos but that could be the cause we are waiting and others are receiving.
I ordered the 23R package so, manual JKUR loaded with black leather, colored top/fenders and 730N and I'm still waiting! :banghead:

·
Registered
51 Posts
strider_mt2k said:
I originally planned on ordering my Jeep, but when I saw everything I wanted and only 2 things I didn't in the storage lot, (730n, which I really like now, and no towing pkg, which I can add later anyway) I went for it.
I think I'd be going crazy waiting too, so my hat it off to you folks.

The cool thing is the super cool awesome reward you get for waiting. YOUR JEEP! :)
I was in the same boat as you because i was looking for a sport s because i needed power windows since the manual knob was in my knee. But got lucky and found a deep cherry red auto with power convenience group and connectivity and tow package the only thing it didnt have that i originally wanted was a hardtop but i fgure hey i can add it later the rest of the jeep is perfect and now i really like the soft top

1 - 20 of 139 Posts