Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2006 Jeep Wrangler X a couple of months ago. I'm debating buying a soft top for the Jeep and wondering if they are worth it? Also curious where are some good places to purchase one for a decent price. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I dont personally have one but i know some of the guys on here swear by them. I would like to get one in the nearish future. check craigslist for a used top, i hear they pop up on there from time to time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
When I got my Jeep (roughly a year ago today) I knew my firs purchase would be a soft top. Mine only had a hard top, which was good for my Chicago winters. Once the nice weather hits, you WILL want a soft top. I used jcwhitney.com. Keep in mind, you might need the bars for the soft top as well (something I didn't know) so you might need something like I got. I got the soft top and full replacements bars which is a complete replacement. I had a coupon for 15 percent off, which saved me a lot of money. But I think I got a lesser expensive one, ended up like $400 after coupon. I believe it was Rampage. I am very happy with it, it's not too loud on the highway when it's up. And I would recommend it to anyone who's on a bit of a budget. If no budget, I hear best top is a very good brand.

Hope this helps, sorry if grammar is poor...on iPhone and too lazy to correct things lol.

·
Registered
21,478 Posts
Welcome!:wavey:

I only have a soft top and I do fine, but then again, I live in Texas...it doesn't really get that cold here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts