Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
My advice: wheel it!

It's criminal to have one of the most capable 4x4 vehicles ever produced and not take it off road.

I had not been wheeling for a long while before getting my Jeep...but, I knew I wanted something I could wheel and not just an overstuffed station wagon.

So, take it on the beach, take it on the trail, take it camping, taking it mudding, have fun with it and figure out what you like to do and then keep doing it...maybe even mod your Jeep a bit for it and make it your own.

·
Registered
351 Posts
RUN! Stay away from this site. You'll end up getting sucked in and spending tons of money. With the time wasted here you could be out wheeling.:hide::whistling::nonono:;):D

JK, Ha, get it J.K.

This place has a ton of info from all the jeepers here. Glad I found it. I'm new, but Welcome.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Hello,

I just bought my first Jeep :dance: any advise for a first time owner
Drive it. Learn it. Seems kinda counterintuitive, but there are peeps who still don't know how to use HSA, or when to turn off ESC, or what BLD and the anti-stall features do.

Call Jeep customer service and get a hard copy manual if you don't already have one.

If you're planning to take it off-road, wheel it stock for awhile to get an idea of what it will do, and what you'd like it to do better. Then start your mods (if such is in your Jeep's future) based on what you learn. You could try to keep up with the Joneses and run out and slap a 4" lift and 35's on it, but chances are you won't do a thorough job without putting in a good bit of time and doing a lot of research, and it will cost you dearly, later.

Not trying to scare you away from modding it...modded Wranglers kick ass, when done properly.

Just take your time. Still 10 weeks before the world ends...plenty of time. :D

Welcome to WF.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts