Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I am a new jeep owner and I have a question about the Blind Spot Monitoring system. I recently purchased a 2018 JL Sahara Unlimited. I thought that it had the blind spot monitoring system because of the way that the tail light looked, but the side mirrors do not have the little triangle that lights up.

How do I know what options are installed? I don't want to purchase new mirrors, without knowing that they will work?

Attaching pictures of the tail light and the side mirrors.
IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, there are no sensors in the rear bumper.

I think I just assumed that it had the Blind Spot monitory system because of the way the tail light looked compared to others.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do you have the active safety group package on it? You would’ve paid extra for this and would’ve seen it on the window sticker. Just bought a 2019 JL Moab and the mirrors only come with the yellow triangle if you buy that package. Check your window sticker if you have a pic of it, or you can call the dealer for it. Either way, doesn’t sound like you purchased it with the vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately, I don't have the window sticker. I purchased it used, and it didn't have the window sticker, so I don't know exactly what options are included.

Some of the tail lights have the black deal on the side of them and some don't, I assumed that this had the Blind Spot monitor because of how it looked.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't have the window sticker. I purchased it used, and it didn't have the window sticker, so I don't know exactly what options are included.

Some of the tail lights have the black deal on the side of them and some don't, I assumed that this had the Blind Spot monitor because of how it looked.
Do a search for Jeep VIN decoder. Jeep has a website that will give you a build sheet for your VIN.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't have blind spot monitoring on my 2018 JLU and the tail lights look just like that. It's an option but I think all the lights look the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts