Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well did some looking and found something for the Jeep. It's a Lokka. Who knows what this is and it's parent company? My old one is wore out.

Hope to see some of you in 2 weeks at the Set Them Free ride.

BVJeep:dance:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be guiding one of the Chinamans Gulch runs on Saturday. Its kind of my back yard. The other you might have to google

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well lots of lookers but no takers. Lokka is the parent company of Aussie Locker. Aussie is the USA version of the same thing. I ordered a new locker for the rear Dana 44. I will give it a good test to see if it is as good as the Aussie is. It is also about $50 less than the Aussie too. I believe the Aussie was $250 plus shipping and the Lokka is $220 delivered. If it seems to be a good locker I just might have to order the front locker for my Jeep too. If you want to check them out the site is Lokka.com

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep all the same company as far as I can tell. On the Lokka site they even say that they sell them in the US as Aussie lockers

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
I can't believe you're giving up that stupid lunchbox locker you have ;) Your jeep is going to lose all of it's character, except for the one behind the wheel...

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is still a lunchbox. The one I have in there is loosing it's grip. You know click bang slip.

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
I been in my garage, Rocc. Fabrication is pretty much done. Up to assembling, checking clearances(many are around a quarter inch or less) and putting everything back together. About the only thing still in one piece is the body and that's just sitting on the frame. Only big thing left is the regear, going to 4.88's.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I been in my garage, Rocc. Fabrication is pretty much done. Up to assembling, checking clearances(many are around a quarter inch or less) and putting everything back together. About the only thing still in one piece is the body and that's just sitting on the frame. Only big thing left is the regear, going to 4.88's.
You going to be ready for set them free?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You going to be ready for set them free?
He better be ready. I haven't seen that gun metal grey POS in a while.:D Or his Cool ass Jeep either.:whistling:

Hope to see ya soon ED

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
He better be ready. I haven't seen that gun metal grey POS in a while.:D Or his Cool ass Jeep either.:whistling:

Hope to see ya soon ED
Eat.Dirt.

Oh, you'll see me soon enough. Part of my shake down will be to see how far you and I can get up Carnage before we get into serious trouble :D

·
Registered
708 Posts
Afraid not, just too much to do between now and then. I will be joining as a member in spirit though. It is a very worthy cause.
You should at least make it up and watch the idiots on carnage. The Carnage crew is going to be a pretty good one. Going to have some pro Ultra 4 cars on it and the Crane guys are leading it. I rented a trailer...just in case.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I paid for my new set of Creepy Crawlers today.... Hoping to get the yj up on a lift this week and tear into a few things for piece of mind..... Hopefully I can source a hydro assist setup and have it installed in time..... Things are coming together, just not as quick as I'd like. I walked the trail for the second time on sunday. I have a bit better expectation of what's coming. I too have a trailer lined up.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'm going to mount them, then take them to Big O which is apparently the only people in my area that will attempt to balance them..... once they do the stick on weighs, I am planning to unseat the beads and toss a lb of airsoft bb's in each. I'm sure it will be a pain in the ass and take a long time, but i'm pumped to get them mounted!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts