Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright -- newbie with a new (to me ) Jeep. Garden variety Wrangler Sport with the 6 and a 5 speed.

I tried to find a bargain for months, but finally bit on this one. I feel i paid a tinge too much, but i will likely forget the purchase price in a month or two.
Photo is a photo from the dealer i got it from, but what is not seen is the fact that some turd swiped the doors 2 nights previously, --- so now i am searching for doors.

Dont want to get too weird with a "buildup" or anything --- but it does need some more aggressive rolling stock, but i want to keep it not too far from stock ride height. But for now, the search for doors begins :crash:

·
Registered
802 Posts
:wavey: from Oregon......

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
That sucks about the doors being stolen :( Hard doors are not cheap either.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Get rid of the milk jugs, add some 31x10.50x15s with steelies, and buy a sweater, cause it's gon be cold without those doors =D

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Welcome aboard!! Also sorry to hear that a dirtbag got your doors. Mabey order some cloth doors, the heaters in these jeeps are amazing.

Oh, it's a pleasure to post below you Bridges!!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The plastic end caps on each end of the front or rear stock bumpers.
Yes, pull those off! That was my first mod.
Welcome to the Forum:wavey:, sorry to hear about your doors:9lame:

·
Brewing, Skiing & Jeeps..
549 Posts
Welcome dude....If you are going to stick with the soft top you could get half doors and save some $$. I would prefer the full steel doors, but some people love the half doors. Check Craigs List and eBay. Good luck!!:wavey:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nice looking Jeep. Can you turn the door theft into your insurance company?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice looking Jeep. Can you turn the door theft into your insurance company?
I wish! The door theft happened the night before i bought the Jeep though -----
Final purchase price reflected the lack of doors, but once i find a clean set of doors and get them paint matched, i'll have a lot of additional time into it i didnt account for ---
looking for a hard top as well, -- took it on a 400 mile trip yesterday (kind of a long shakedown cruise) and it worked great -- but Oklahoma is a windy state -- at the end of the day i had a massive headache from all the wind noise from going turnpike speeds.
The folks who sold it to me said that with Jeeps, there's always gonna be something new to buy for them until you get them "perfect".

Starting to see their point

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome. :wavey: i'm jealous. I wanted a yellow Jeep, but ended up with a black one. Enjoy. sorry to hear about the doors.:(

·
Registered
613 Posts
Welcome, hearing alot of people losing doors to lowlifes lately. I put the nuts on my half doors, I know it won't stop them, but maybe slow them down long enough for someone to see them using a wrench trying to get them off, and scare em off or call the cops.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome nice jeep. Your journey moding your jeep begins, some make, some never do. But all the fun is getting there. I am also new to jeeps and already feel the urge to change thinks. Have fun, nice jeep.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts