Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2014 Jeep unlimited last week, and I was VERY fortunate that the guy who owned it last took VERY good care of it, it damn near looks new.

So I would like to keep that going, so I figured I would ask the experts in this field.

What are the better products to use to clean it with? the interior plastic, the vinyl and dashboard, the plastic on the exterior, and what is best to wash the outside with? What cloth is best for washing/drying, and is there anything else i'm missing? My jeep is black if that makes a difference.

I know this is a pretty longwinded question, but i've wanted a jeep since I was 9, now im 34, and I finally have it, I want to give it the care it deserves, especially since I plan on getting this bad boy dirty haha.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
My routine when cleaning...

wash, dry with waffle weave style towel not microfiber since they will get stuck to my decals.

303 all exterior rubber/black fiberglass except the wheels, then proceed with exterior detail (clay/sealant/wax). 303 the interior plastic, Honda shin etsu grease the rubber seals (yearly).

goo gone my black metal armor, and control arms then wheels. I just leave tires alone.

I finish off some rust prone areas with fluid film but not too much.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Unless the previous owner never disclosed if the jeep had been cermaicly coated and protected which would make the jeep look as good as you say it does.. Then cleaning procedures would have to be altered in order to properly maintain it's appearance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thinking of ordering a 2017 Wrangler

I am thinking of ordering a 2017 Wrangler Smokey Mountain, but I wont be ready until Aug/Sept. My question is when do they stop building the 17's and should I wait for the 18"s ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts