Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i finally bought a jeep, its a 1989 yj islander, i want to lift it up thinking of doing the spring over axle kit.
Is this spring over going to give me lots of flex or do i need to go another way to get lots of flex

·
Registered
95 Posts
depends on what you're trying to accomplish and how deep your pockets are.

there are plenty of options/routes for you to take. stick with leafs and do the spring over....86 the leafs and link it front and rear with coils/coil-overs....do a search through the forums here and check out some of the builds. get out on the trails and check out your fellow wheelers rigs.

i myself have stuck with leafs. spring over and threw away the track bars. i've got plenty of travel for my type of wheelin. just be ready to spend some dough. you'll get quite a bit of lift out of the spring over. you'll want to install a slip yoke eliminator kit also. you'll also want larger tires to fill the void. with larger tires comes axle upgrades...etc. etc.. check out rubicon express for kits/parts. i've always been satisfied with their products and service, but there are lots of other brands out there.

my $.02 worth.

congrats on the jeep and happy wheelin!

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
welcome congrats on the yj. boomer is right on. spring over will make you very happy. i'm considering coils but it costs a few grand to accomplish, don't think i can justify it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts