Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have a few questions and want some advice.

I just bought a 2000 TJ and am looking to lift it.

I am debating on going with 4'' to clear 33s fine or just going with spacers to fit 31s or 32s nicely. For what I will be doing with it either way will be fine. I would like the look of the 33s more but could go either way.

My problem is ive read or heard of to many horror stories. I have seen first hand the wobbles and shakes from jeep suspensions and fear it happening to me. The jeep isnt an everyday driver but I want to know that it can be and therefore dont want to screw with to much. Plus if I went with the 4'' I wouldnt care to spend the extra money right now for the extra stuff (slip yoke, drive lines, etc..)

So my questions..am i just talking myself out of the higher lift? Is it a must to change out all the other stuff when going with 4'' (i realize this might be an opinionated question)

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Welcome aboard and welcome to jeeps bro. What part of Az are you in?

You can honestly run 33's with spacers and a 1 or 1.25" body lift. It's done every day by a lot of guys.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Welcome to the board! Blkjp is right... 33's will fit with a 3" lift be it 2" spacers and a 1" body lift or a full 3" suspention.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the 2" lift and 32's.....I debated the same thing about 2-3 weeks ago. I liked the looks of 33's better...but didn't want to spend the extra money on a 4" lift...and didn't have the money to overcome any complications with vibrations if they came up. I'm very happy with what I have....but I'm sure I'll want more later.

One thing to think about....if you go 2" lift...just buy the spacers for now for the lift. This way, when your 32's wear out for the first time, you could always upgrade to 33's and a bigger lift, and all you wasted was the $100 spacers. I on the other hand bought shocks designed for a 2" lift too....so I'll probably be keeping mine this way for awhile.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody have experience with the adjustable coil spacers...like the ones fabtech have out? They cost more than just regular spacers but I am thinking they may be worth it being you can adjust them if you ever add anything heavy or change something.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
IMO...not worth it...i don't think they are easy to adjust...and i think its better to buy a coil lift and then add regular spacers on if you add something heavy of change something...it would probably be just as easy to put on new spacers too...just my opinion though...and a lot of what i've read from seeing this question a lot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts