Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got me a 88 yj for a good price . Has a few issues that I would like to fix. Lil at a time as the budget permits but gonna do a complete build . Noticed driving it home today it drives and tracks straight but steering wheel not centered . Is the a simple pull wheel and reinstall or is their something else I should look for ?
Paul

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Loosen the clamps on the drag link, unlock the steering, mark the center of the wheel with tape so you can see it from the front of the jeep, put a pipe wrench (around a cloth) and twist the drag link a bit at s time while checking the steering wheel position. When it's centered re tighten the clamps.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Loosen the clamps on the drag link, unlock the steering, mark the center of the wheel with tape so you can see it from the front of the jeep, put a pipe wrench (around a cloth) and twist the drag link a bit at s time while checking the steering wheel position. When it's centered re tighten the clamps.
I did exactly that just before winter. It worked like a charm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts