Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All the Jeepers,

I just pick up my 2006 Wrangler X Auto from dealer last weekend. I love it so much. Finally, I got my own Jeep. I plan to do a lift to fit 33" *12.5 tires, I am still researching which lift kit is best for me, but for now, I may go 2.5SL, 1.25BL combination(http://dpgoffroad.com/products/old-man-emu-deluxe-tjlj-wrangler-kit/), considering it will be my daily vehicle and most of time it will stay on road connect my work place and home. Is there anyone using or used this kit? how is it? Better idea out there?

And today, I took some pics of its suspension and driveshaft, I found it is quite rotted and corrosion. Will it be a problem to do a lift ? Since I am afraid they will be very hard to take off. And what can I do to get rid of these corrosion?

Sorry about my English grammar, it is my second language.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
appears to be just surface rust on those components, but it is the frame on the TJ that you have to inspect very well...serious frame rot can disable your Wrangler. put your finger inside the access holes along the sides of the frame and feel for loose material.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
appears to be just surface rust on those components, but it is the frame on the TJ that you have to inspect very well...serious frame rot can disable your Wrangler. put your finger inside the access holes along the sides of the frame and feel for loose material.
Thank you for the advise. I will buy some rust remove product to do clean up.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Thank you for the advise. I will buy some rust remove product to do clean up.
I don't know about remove, but I used Eastman's Rust Encapsulator. Comes in rattle cans, very easy to apply...just like spray paint. Buy at least 2-3 cans and spray right over the rust. Take at least one can and put half into each frame rail. Use the frame holes already there. Change angles in the hole and go to town. good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
After looking at your pics. I am glad I live in NW we don't use salt on our roads. We get snow and ice but deal with it with sand and pumice.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know about remove, but I used Eastman's Rust Encapsulator. Comes in rattle cans, very easy to apply...just like spray paint. Buy at least 2-3 cans and spray right over the rust. Take at least one can and put half into each frame rail. Use the frame holes already there. Change angles in the hole and go to town. good luck.
Thank you very much. I will order some and try them out. I hope get rid of these rust.They are really bothering me. And do I need brush the surface after I apply the Rust Encapsulator?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts