Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a happy new JK owner. But 3 things are really making this jeep suck and I want to see if there are options.

1 BLUETOOTH SUCKS..... If I run WAZE... the delay in bluetooth connecting means I miss most directions ... AND to add insult to injury it the says "PHONE CALL OVER" .. My girlfriend is going mental (me too)

ANY WAY TO GET BLUETOOTH WORKING both DELAY and the dreaded message ???

2 AUTO ON Headlights... Any way to retrofit this option ? I couldn't purchase it... can I add it ???

3 Backing UP SUCKS.... Backup Camera... Who has the best "All In" Kit ???? Raxon ? .... Can I remove the rear headrests ? They are a nightmare for parking too

Thanks in Advance !

John

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
I am a happy new JK owner. But 3 things are really making this jeep suck and I want to see if there are options.

1 BLUETOOTH SUCKS..... If I run WAZE... the delay in bluetooth connecting means I miss most directions ... AND to add insult to injury it the says "PHONE CALL OVER" .. My girlfriend is going mental (me too)

ANY WAY TO GET BLUETOOTH WORKING both DELAY and the dreaded message ???

2 AUTO ON Headlights... Any way to retrofit this option ? I couldn't purchase it... can I add it ???

3 Backing UP SUCKS.... Backup Camera... Who has the best "All In" Kit ???? Raxon ? .... Can I remove the rear headrests ? They are a nightmare for parking too

Thanks in Advance !

John
I can't help you on the bluetooth or headlights (agree, they should be auto-on), but the back up camera link is below. You can read all of it or go to post 513 where a sample parts list is provided.
It really is a DIY for the camera. I made my own camera mount for behind the spare tire, ordered a camera (about $15), and the wire kit and installed it. The local dealer flashed the radio for about $50. Great camera and it really helps. Also, search for the headrest removal. It's on here somewhere.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/back-up-or-reverse-camera-all-you-need-is-three-parts-915529-18.html

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I gave up on running Waze with blue tooth. I use it and listen to it on the phone speaker, it's plenty loud enough and sounds good. Auto on headlights, don't know if it can be added, it, and the other convenances in the option package were well worth the cost in my humble opinion. Back up camera "kit" from brandmotion is a good option. The rear headrests can be removed, 98% of the time I'm the only one in my JK so I leave them out and pop one in if anyone needs to get in the back. Good luck with these few minor problems, Lee.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Which radio do you have? I have a 430N and run Waze with Bluetooth every day without issue. It connects in about 20 seconds or so and just works. I don't have the Phone Call Disconnected message, either - but I also can't use Siri with my setup.

I've read that Auto-On can be added; it was linked off of a post about adding auto climate control. I don't know what's fully involved, but it will, at the least, involve running the sunlight sensor into the dash and replacing the indicator stalk.

Agree re: Removing rear headrests -- but I've also found the Wrangler easy to park. I do miss the backup camera and will be adding one, once I decide how far I want to go. Leaning towards adding side and front cameras as well with the MYGIG Lockpick product.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the 130N radio in my 2015 and the delay through bluetooth is at least a couple of seconds coming from my phone. Using my phone for calls over bluetooth seems to work fine though, except when I have already answered the phone and talking and it's still telling me there is an incoming call.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I gave up on running Waze with blue tooth. I use it and listen to it on the phone speaker, it's plenty loud enough and sounds good.
This is what I do as well. I tried to get Waze to work via Bluetooth but the delay was a PIA. I can't get rid of the Phone Call complete message either which is another nuisance besides it taking too long to answer an incoming call with UConnect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts