Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new owner of 2015 Unlimited Base Sport Model. Has standard 16" wheels that my wife wants to swap out for larger ones.
This vehicle is suburbia vehicle for my wife and daughter and don't know anything about Wranglers or Wheels and want to make sure they are safe.

Will 17" and 18" fit on standard Sport model?

craigslist have these 18" from Sahara for sale.
2015 Jeep JK Wheels and Tires

would you recommend these?

Are there any tires specs I need to pay attention to for safety purposes?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
All of the stock JK rims are interchangeable. The Sahara tires are not bad for a road only tire. You are better off with a 17" rim because 18" tires are not as common as the smaller sizes and they are more expensive.

Ideally you want the rims to be hub centric like the factory rims but they are rare.

·
Registered
149 Posts
use the originals until they wear out. Then buy what you want. No need to waste new tires and rims. You won't get anything for them if you try and sell them. Keep them!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I picked a new sport with 16 inch steelies, and then picked up a set of 17 inch alloy take-offs from a jeep outfitter for cheap
Saved money on the S package by doing so
Tires and wheels are factory fresh with the alignment stickers still intact
:)

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Given that it's probably not going off road like you mentioned, the 18" Sahara's are fine. There will be no issues.

·
Registered
959 Posts
You could always keep the 16 inch steelies for winter use... put some agressive studded snows on there for your loved ones and switch over to the 18" Saharas for spring summer use...

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I'm new owner of 2015 Unlimited Base Sport Model. Has standard 16" wheels that my wife wants to swap out for larger ones.
This vehicle is suburbia vehicle for my wife and daughter and don't know anything about Wranglers or Wheels and want to make sure they are safe.

Will 17" and 18" fit on standard Sport model?

craigslist have these 18" from Sahara for sale.
2015 Jeep JK Wheels and Tires

would you recommend these?

Are there any tires specs I need to pay attention to for safety purposes?

Thanks for your help.
Philly- you can probably get those Sahara wheels that you have linked for less than $500. I tried to sell a set for $500 for a long time and had no takers. look around - there are a ton of those type of wheels for sale and I would think you should be able to get them for $300-$350 possibly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts