Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Glad you guys are here. We're on a budget right now however I'd like to get a brighter beam out of the factory bumper fog lights. Any recommendations? Also, is there an easy method for changing the OEM headlights?

Thanks guys n gals

joe

:beerme:

·
Administrator
41,912 Posts
There are lots of after market fog lights out there. Here is a large thread about lots of lighting options:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f132/the-official-jk-aftermarket-lighting-thread-hid-halo-fog-etc-166997.html

As far as your headlight question, this might help:

Jeep Wrangler JK Headlight and Fog Light Removal Guide DIY by Advanced Automotive Concepts - YouTube

In the mean time, I just like to say . . .

Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Click here for helpful tips for newcomers

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another quick question. Is there a viable LED upgrade for the Bumper Fogs?

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Another quick question. Is there a viable LED upgrade for the Bumper Fogs?
Check out these Fog Light Mounts from Rigid. They'll allow you to put the newer style square LED fog lights in the factory location. I really like the look personally. You could go with the Lifetime LED 3 Inch Spot Lights in mounts for instance. They of course aren't a true fog beam, but they will give you a good bit of light when there isn't any on coming traffic.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like a quote on anything!

-Ryan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So those squares mount in the round port?? Was hoping there was just a bulb I could stick in there, lol.

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
So those squares mount in the round port?? Was hoping there was just a bulb I could stick in there, lol.
The only issue with swapping out the bulb is that it may cause glare issues to oncoming drivers. The housings and reflectors are designed for a halogen bulb and not LED. Just be aware that changing the light source MAY change the beam of the light. Just something to consider!

-Ryan

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Unfortunately, the stock fog lights use a PSX24W bulb and there are no high performance replacement bulbs in that size. I have read that people buy LED bulbs as a replacement and while they may look really bright, they do not throw much light on the road. In fact most people that use them say that they light the road less than they stock bulbs.

I have read that you can replace they entire stock fixture for a new light fixture assembly that uses LED lights and those are a big improvement. I personally do not have any experience with those lights.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
One of the members in another thread just ordered and is waiting on a set he found on eBay to arrive. They look promising. I'm waiting to hear his impressions once he gets them installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts