Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my hands on a 4 light set of the new Cyclone LED Rock Light Kit for JK by KC HiLiTes!

I got the Amber colored Cyclones, kit is part # 91021. Even though I am in the business, I don’t recall ever holding one of the Cyclone LED units in my hand, and I think I would remember it, because of how surprisingly hefty they are for such compact lights.

A bit of advice to anyone considering this product would be to check under your JK to make sure you have bolts in the factory location needed to install the provided brackets. The instructions refer to “Factory Rock Rail or Side Step” rail bolts.

My ’08 X did not have any side step or rail, and there were no bolts. There was however some tape covering the hole where such bolts would go, and there is a threaded insert in the hole.

If you don’t have bolts, just go to your local hardware store and get 4) M8x1.25x30mm body bolts. The 1.25 is the thread pitch. I got what I needed for under $2.50!

I provided a picture of the first Cyclone test mounted. I mounted the unit with the light toward the front of the Jeep for demonstration purposes , but this is incorrect according to the instructions. I am going to remove it and rotate the bracket 180 degrees so that the lights are toward the center of the Jeep.

More pics to come!

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
all done!

I run them pretty much every night on the way home , just for fun, and going to pick up take out...

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here they are installed. Loving them!!!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts