Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all, I just purchased a 2016 Sahara Unlimited in July and I'm looking to put new tires on before Winter. I have the Mammoth 2" leveling Kit installed. I'm looking at BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2 size LT255/70R18 117/114S. I believe these are 33" Tires. Can I just have these mounted on my stock rims with no issues or spacers needed? Am I crazy to keep stock rims or should I consider different rims or rim size for the KO2's? Any help would be appreciated. This pic is what it looks like now.... Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
255/70/r18 is the stock size and it's a 32.

I had 265/70/r18 on stock suspension. They only rubbed on the sway bar slightly at full right turn. They may have rubbed more at full flex though, never tried.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I run 285/70/R17 tires on stock rims with no lift on a 2015 JK. They will rub the sway bar at full turn but that rarely happens.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Hello all, I just purchased a 2016 Sahara Unlimited in July and I'm looking to put new tires on before Winter. I have the Mammoth 2" leveling Kit installed. I'm looking at BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2 size LT255/70R18 117/114S. I believe these are 33" Tires. Can I just have these mounted on my stock rims with no issues or spacers needed? Am I crazy to keep stock rims or should I consider different rims or rim size for the KO2's? Any help would be appreciated. This pic is what it looks like now.... Thanks!
I have the KO2s on my Altitude in the size you are looking at. I have no lift and they are fine - roughly same size as stockers just LT rated rather than P rated.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I am running 295-70-18 General Grabber X-3's on her 15 JKUR with a leveling kit. Go the wheel off of a Sahara. Had to trim the air dam to clear. They are a little too noisy for my taste but she loves them. Ride is better than my 09 2 door with a leveling kit and 285-75-17 Nitto RG's.

·
Registered
27 Posts
What came stock on your '16 Sahara? My '10 Sahara has the size you are looking at as stock tires. These are 32" diameter. Is this a typo or are you really looking for 255/70R18? I would think you currently have this size already on your Jeep.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Curious how much ride quality you lost when you went with the LT's?
The ride quality is just a bit rougher than the stock Duelers. Still quite good though as far as I’m concerned. I had those replaced by the dealer with KO2s before I drove it off the lot. Need tires that are decent in the snow here and don’t want dedicated snow tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts