Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a frequent poster but I wanted to give a quick review of my new LED fog lights. I had been looking to replace my stock fogs with some LED's for a while now. I looked around for a while and could not find any reviews of these particular ones. The reviews on Amazon were all glowing but not a lot of them. The specs on the lights seemed good. Cree diodes, good build quality, supposedly 2800 lumens of output and a good heatsink.

I had them on my wish list for a while and late in May they popped up on a deal of the day. Price dropped to $79.99 and figured I would try them at that price. I also ordered the wiring harness designed for the set. I didn't know if I would need the harness or not. I was hoping for a direct replacement.

At first glance it looked like a direct plug n play might be in the works. The stock fogs had a similar plug to the DT(Deutsch) connector that came on the new LED's. Similar but not the same after all. I didn't think I would need the wiring harness and was trying to avoid using it. I ended ordering a set of DT connectors from Amazon that matched the ones on the leads of the new fogs.

I cut the stock plugs and wired the DT connectors. I mounted the LED's with the supplied brackets. The other side went a little quicker as I now knew what I was doing. :bop:

Everything now works as it is supposed to do. These babies are bright!

I went outside after dark last night and tried to figure out a good angle so as not to blind everyone on the road.

I don't know how they will hold up long term but I am hopeful due to ther build quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
You're not worried about another vehicle on the highway throwing up a rock and taking one of them out?

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I'd be more concerned of those heatsinks filling up with mud/dirt/snow (junk).

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd be more concerned of those heatsinks filling up with mud/dirt/snow (junk).
Not real likely. Mostly a mall queen. Occasional trails around here. It was my replacement for an open air vehicle since the wife didn't like the motorcycle. :whistling:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts