Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I love this Forum and all of the info that is available here. I have learned a lot over the years. I currently own a 2013 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door Sport. I recently added a 3 1/2 inch lift and the dealer has talked me into BF Goodrich 35 12.50/18, I have read that most everyone is dropping the PSI down to 28 to 30. Will this give me a much better ride? Also at that pressure can the Jeeps tire sensors be reset to show a new preferred PSI?

As a side question... Is anyone running the tires with the white letters out. Or is that to old fashion? LOL

Thank you,
Butch

·
Registered
738 Posts
28-32 seems what most run for 35's but you will need to figure out what works for your tires. I have BF GoodrichMud Terain 35's and seem to find that 28 to no more than 30 for these tires works best. You will find not only ride is better but the Jeep will steer better at the lower psi.

When you go to 35" tires you will need to have it re-programmed for correct speedometer readings and this will have the transmission shift better (auto trans). I like the AEV ProCal it also allows you to re-program the TPMS to not flash low tire warning when you drop the psi.

·
Registered
539 Posts
ProCal or another tuner to set pressure threshold is required and makes life a lot easier.

It doesn't matter what others think, it is your Jeep. White out or in, I personally don't like white letters out, but....

You have to find your vehicles sweet spot for pressures.

Do a chalk test and then you will be sure of what is correct.

I run 26 in the city and 28-29 on the interstate for trips. Although I don't do the interstate very much as I avoid it. Don't like the dull and will take back roads almost all of the time.

Enjoy!

Runs, rides very nice.

·
Registered
173 Posts
What he said. You will find the psi that fits your jeep and your comfort. I find 32 nice and my lettering doesn't show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts