Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Little bit of back ground on my Jeep, I started with a Jeep on a 2 1/2 lift on 31s. I did a V8 swap and the front end started sagging so I installed a 2 1/2 add a leaf. I later broke the smallest spring in my rear right pack, so I removed it and installed a larger 2 1/2 add a leaf. I went through and painted, cleaned and lubed everything I could get my hands on. I did a SOA lift and now im sitting on 35s, im very happy with my lift. I dont even have shocks on it yet and it rides very smooth. It also gets alot of looks going down the road. You can see my new pics by going to myspace.com and searching for my page using my email [email protected].

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks nice...What all did you use on the soa?

·
Registered
95 Posts
if you don't like the add a leaf deal. i've been impressed with RE soa 5 leaf packs. i have them under my heap's 350. when you coming down to wheel browns camp? :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Offset front spring perches
Rear spring perches
Extended brake lines/ rear is still not long enough
4" Drop pitman arm/ link still hits spring
Add a leaf/ you may not need
Slip yoke eliminator
Tom woods rear drive shaft/ came with wrong size U joint
Need to extend front drive shaft
Alxe vent tube extentions
Im sure there are more, it took me less than a week to do. Would have only be a weekend but 4 wheel parts kept sending me the wrong parts.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the add a leaf in the front end the added weight of the V8 make the front end still very flexy and in the rear end I removed the smallest spring and added a much longer one so axle wrap shouldnt be a problem and still very very flexy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
that's what i thought...until i snapped my rear driveshaft. :cool:
with that powerhouse up front you'll proly be wanting to instal an anti wrap bar in future.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks ive worked pritty hard on it. I still would like to find a set of rear TJ fender flairs and cut out the wheel wells, and finish up all the odds and ends stuff.

·
Registered
781 Posts
so over all how big is your lift? i am planning on doing spring over but wasnt sure if i wanted to do 35's or 36's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts