Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share these 2 items I added to my Wrangler. The door guards really help protect the entry. Weathertech mats are used in all our vehicles. Just another alternative for Jeep folks to look at. Oh, ignore the feet...:redface:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
The feet add an undeniable artistic touch, and draw attention to the door sill guards. Nice touch. :D

What door guards are they?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wolf, I ordered them from Mopar Headquarters for $21.00. They fit great and have the Jeep name molded in the sill guards. Amazon also has them. And thanks for pointing out the feet placing emphasis on the sill guard, lol!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Wolf, I ordered them from Mopar Headquarters for $21.00. They fit great and have the Jeep name molded in the sill guards. Amazon also has them. And thanks for pointing out the feet placing emphasis on the sill guard, lol!
They look good (the parts). :thumb:

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Can't go wrong with both of them. I installed the door sill guards on mine a week after I bought my rig.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also added the door guards to my 2012. But made the mistake af purchasing the mopar slush mats. (big mistake) I will buy the weathertech mats in a few weeks, and post the slush mats on craigs list

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have MOPAR guards and mats. I've had no issues with the mats......both a very solid investment IMHO. Sorry your mats didn't work out. The sill guards really help out I think. I cant tell you the number of times my foot had banged that sill when exiting. Now the scrapes & marks are all black so I dont see them :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have the same guards and got them from Amazon. I have been debating over quadratec floor mats or the mopar which I've had in my amazon cart for weeks now, great now I have a third set to compare now lol.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I have the Mopar guards and they work great along with the slush mats. You can't go wrong with Weathertech.

·
Registered
621 Posts
nice! i have the mopar guards. look like factory. the weathertechs look great! still running the factory slush mats (i like them). but when they go, i may look into the WT.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also added the door guards to my 2012. But made the mistake af purchasing the mopar slush mats. (big mistake) I will buy the weathertech mats in a few weeks, and post the slush mats on craigs list
Smurphy116, I got a set of the Mopar slush mats free but I'm giving them to my sister-in-law for her jeep. Weathertech for me.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The sills should have been installed from the factory. Why they didn't include them on a vehicle that sees dirt, I do not know.
Very good point......:facepalm:

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Smurphy116, I got a set of the Mopar slush mats free but I'm giving them to my sister-in-law for her jeep. Weathertech for me.
That's quite an endorsement or the Weathertechs, I'll have to look at them. The Mopar sill guards were the very first thing I ordered for my new Jeep.

And, Hey, did you get busted, Sergeant Major...? :wavey:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Up Hill Bill said:
That's quite an endorsement or the Weathertechs, I'll have to look at them. The Mopar sill guards were the very first thing I ordered for my new Jeep.

And, Hey, did you get busted, Sergeant Major...? :wavey:
Who me?

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Naw. Old Shadow is a retired Army Sergeant Major! For those who know what that means, ya' can't have anything but the highest respect and admiration for a person who has done what it takes to accomplished the highest enlisted rank in the armed services!

His signature line used to include his rank.... but, maybe he is just shy about flaunting this accomplishment... :rolleyes:

Edit: I did my tour in the Navy, but it was nothing. We owe what little freedom we may have left to men and women like Old Shadow, and I am, and we all should be, forever grateful to them!

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
That looks great!

Rockin the Mopar guards with Rugged Ridge mats myself.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Up Hill Bill said:
Naw. Old Shadow is a retired Army Sergeant Major! For those who know what that means, ya' can't have anything but the highest respect and admiration for a person who has done what it takes to accomplished the highest enlisted rank in the armed services!

His signature line used to include his rank.... but, maybe he is just shy about flaunting this accomplishment... :rolleyes:

Edit: I did my tour in the Navy, but it was nothing. We owe what little freedom we may have left to men and women like Old Shadow, and I am, and we all should be, forever grateful to them!
Ooh ok!

I absolutely have respect for anyone and everyone who serves our country!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Weathertech mats are worth every penny! I have a minor leak on my passenger side and the water just puddles up in the mats. Very easy clean up!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts