Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a used 2015 JKU Unlimited about 4 weeks ago and I'm loving it! It was fully customized by Rubitrux in Boone, NC, but I'm adding my own touches to it.

One thing I'd like to have is DRL lights. I understand that the AEV Pro-Cal can allow me to use my fog lights as DRLs. So my question is, could I use someone's device to do this, rather than buying my own? I plan to buy one as it has other uses, but for the immediate need, I thought I'd try to find one to borrow if possible.

Thank you in advance!!!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
You can't. The procal is coded to the specific vehicle. When you first use a procal it locks itself to the vin of the vehicle you connect it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Nice!

Go get your own ProCal. Order it today and you'll probably have it by the end of the week. In the meantime, just turn your lights on, lol.

Reactions: TeufelHunden

·
Registered
818 Posts
I like DRLs as well. Before I had my ProCal, I just left my lights on Auto, and left my hat over the sensor on the dash. Instant running lights.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice!

Go get your own ProCal. Order it today and you'll probably have it by the end of the week. In the meantime, just turn your lights on, lol.
Will do! I don't want the other lights on though which is why I don't run parking lights/fogs during the day. I guess for now, a huge white square coming towards you in daylight should be noticeable enough??? Haha. I'll be getting the ProCal one I sell my rental house in SC. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts