Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I AM A NEW MEMBER AND JUST PICKED UP A 95 WRANGLER RIO GRANDE. IT IS A 2.5 4CYL AND AUTO. I WAS LOOKING FOR A STANDARD SHIFT BUT I PAID 5OO BUCKS FOR THIS JEEP AND IT RUNS DRIVES AND SHIFTS GREAT SO I COULDNT PASS IT UP. I HAVE OWNED CHEROKEES BUT THIS IS MY FIRST WRANGLER. I AM LOOKING FOR RECOMMENDATIONS AND IDEAS ON WHAT TO DO FIRST. I HAVE TO DO A LITTLE BODY WORK BUT NOT MUCH. THE JEEP WILL BE FOR FUN ON THE WEEKENDS AND WILL NOT BE ROCK CLIMBING OR ANYTHING REAL SERIOUS. I WANT TO KEEP TIRE SIZE UNDER 32s WITH IT ONLY BEING THE 2.5. THANKS ANY INFO OR OPINIONS APPRECIATED.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on a great find!!!! What to do first is always a big question. Safety and reliability. That is where the early money should go and as you start to get used to your Jeep then you will turn your attention to what you want to do with the Jeep. Daily Driver (DD) or light trailing and that will dictate the mods and upgrades. Have some fun and along the way you will be able to personalize the JEEP to your style, the possibilities are endless with the YJ.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the welcome. The nice thing is it wont be my daily driver. I have been messing around the garage with it and noticed the manifold is cracked. This seems to be a common problem.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Hello and welcome! Lots of good info and knowledgable Jeepers on the forum don't be afraid to ask anything we help each other out :) Post up pics of your new YJ soon.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome & congrats on the new jeep.This forum has been my number"1" source for info and just a great bunch of people.Im new to jeeps & mechanics. Your all so patient.So good luck & enjoy! P.S. Keep waving when you pass oyher wranglers on the highway!!!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the Jeep madness. :rolleyes:

31's would be ok for the 2.5, but I would still suggest a re-gear in your plans. I am recently installed 4.88 gears, and while the 2.5 will never snap your neck, it is much more driveable on the highway and much better on gas.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Looks special to me. Atleast it is not made in Japan :rofl: That alone makes it special :punk:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone. Here is my plans first i wanna go over everything and a complete tune up. The 4wd

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The 4wd vacuum system does not work so i want to put a cable posi lock in. Im goin to start the body work and paint the under carriage with por15. Im throwing the idea around to monstaline the inside and.outside of the tub. I am going to start this week I cant wait lol.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Awesome deal! Make sure to post up pics of the progress!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts