Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new here!!! Just bought my first Jeep recently, a 2010 JKUR. Not sure why I waited to get a Jeep!!

Eventually I would like to get a lift kit and bigger tires,just not sure where to start or what companies to look at. I was thinking about a 3 inch complete lift kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I am itching to take it off road soon, only problem is there aren't any trails near where I live here in Minnesota.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Welcome and congrats. My advice is to find a few trails and take it out just like it sits. It will most likely surprise you how capable it is just as it sits. You will also get a feel for what you may need (lift, armor, tires, etc) for the types of trails you ride.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Hi all new here!!! Just bought my first Jeep recently, a 2010 JKUR. Not sure why I waited to get a Jeep!!

Eventually I would like to get a lift kit and bigger tires,just not sure where to start or what companies to look at. I was thinking about a 3 inch complete lift kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I am itching to take it off road soon, only problem is there aren't any trails near where I live here in Minnesota.

Links to MN trails.

SIGN-UP Today For Instant Access To Minnesota OHV Park / Jeep Trail Info & Maps;

OHV riding: Minnesota DNR

As 4fit said, you should try your Jeep out stock first, just to get a feel for it. A 3" lift kit is gonna cost you quite a bit more than you think...especially if you do it right.

My advice would be to take your time, read the forum, ask questions...you'll learn a shocking amount in a fairly short period of time. I guarantee that if you run out and buy a lift next week, a month from now you'll be thinking to yourself, "Damn. Wish I'd known that when I spent the $$ on my lift."

You've got about 11 months till the world's gonna end, according to the Mayan calendar. Use a good bit of that time researching and planning your build, and you'll enjoy your Jeep all the more when you're wheeling through the charred ruins of civilization next Christmas. :D

Welcome to WF.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
kbwwolf said:
Links to MN trails.

SIGN-UP Today For Instant Access To Minnesota OHV Park / Jeep Trail Info & Maps;

OHV riding: Minnesota DNR

As 4fit said, you should try your Jeep out stock first, just to get a feel for it. A 3" lift kit is gonna cost you quite a bit more than you think...especially if you do it right.

My advice would be to take your time, read the forum, ask questions...you'll learn a shocking amount in a fairly short period of time. I guarantee that if you run out and buy a lift next week, a month from now you'll be thinking to yourself, "Damn. Wish I'd known that when I spent the $$ on my lift."

You've got about 11 months till the world's gonna end, according to the Mayan calendar. Use a good bit of that time researching and planning your build, and you'll enjoy your Jeep all the more when you're wheeling through the charred ruins of civilization next Christmas. :D

Welcome to WF.
Just do not install a 4" lift and 35" tires
and complain about something gone wrong. Don't want to get on KB's bad side- now that he told you so :whistling:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Welcome to the Wrangler Forum!!!!

Happy Trails to You!!!!

·
Administrator
30,782 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

·
2.5L>4.0L
1,493 Posts
Welcome from STL. Don't forget to :wavey:

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
Hey there. You got a Rubi so it will be plenty capable off road right out the gate. Do your research and a few of the companies on my short list are Teraflex, Rock Krawler, and Synergy Suspension (Poly Performance). All make killer products and lifts.

-Dan

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Welcome to the WF from Missouri!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts