Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replace my motor in my 2000 wrangler. 2.5 motor i took out put the new motor in and started everything runs great but now it feels like reverse has moved to the passenger side so i cant get it to seat in the slot. and first also seams to have moved to the right like the tranny rotated or something to the right. my question is what did i do or can anyone help me fix it and get me moving or backing up again forward works great and wants to back up i no it but just cant get it far enough please help if anyone can help!!! thanks shawn

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
When you did the install, did the bolts that hold the tranny/transfer case shift? There should be a spot on the skid plate where you can see 4 nuts. You may try loosening them and pushing the trans towards the drivers side to get a better alignment. If you are lucky and that is what happened, you will probably have clean spots where the nuts were before they shifted. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Jeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot turdhurdler for the quick response and help! i just did the install last week! i will try to do what you said and get back to you!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts