Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted the following in another thread regarding transmission noise. I figured I'd post a new thread for my specific question as folks may not check out the other thread if it didn't relate to them.

I finally got my Jeep back today. New manual transmission delivered this morning and installed. It's been at the dealership for the past 2.5 weeks.

Maybe someone can explain to me why the clutch feels so different? They replaced the clutch slave cylinder due to a leak. Before, the clutch pedal had a high engagement with long travel. Now, very short travel and much closer to the floor with less resistance. I like it. Just curious why it's so different.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me understand what is different. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
Because it has the new slave cylinder and it is functioning the way it is supposed to be. Did they put a new clutch in with the new transmission?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because it has the new slave cylinder and it is functioning the way it is supposed to be. Did they put a new clutch in with the new transmission?
They didn't say anything about the clutch. What I stated was what was on my copy of the work that was done. Nothing else about the clutch.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just had my slave cylinder replaced for the same reason. It caught really low to the ground and really smooth the first day or two after I got it back. It went back to normal though after the two days. Give it some time and see if it just fixes itself.

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
They didn't say anything about the clutch. What I stated was what was on my copy of the work that was done. Nothing else about the clutch.
Odds are if it was warranty work they only changed exactly what it needed. The different feel is from the new slave cylinder. As long as it is not grinding going into any of the gears especially first and reverse you're fine.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. It did seem to adjust slightly by the time I got home.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
If the length of pedal travel is different, I would say that they installed it wrong. There should be about a cm of play in the pedal before it performs any action. You may have air in the system. It could just be that you have the same pedal throw as before, but the fixed slave cylinder is giving you a different impression.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the length of pedal travel is different, I would say that they installed it wrong. There should be about a cm of play in the pedal before it performs any action. You may have air in the system. It could just be that you have the same pedal throw as before, but the fixed slave cylinder is giving you a different impression.
It functions fine, just different. I bought it used so maybe it's more how it's supposed to be now. I'm not concerned, I was just curious. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts