Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went under my jeep today and was looking at changing the muffler,man that sux that the whole belly pan has to be removed for welding? How much do muffler shops charge for all that extra work? Also what a good flowing sounding muffler?

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
I like my flowmaster 50 delta.. sounds manly enough.. the belly pan.. i did remove it to ease my job.. its not welded and wont need welding.. its just a clamp thats on there really really tight. My piping was actually deformed so i needed to cut the muffler end pipe it self to get it off.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Just had mine done today. New CAT and Flowmaster muffler all fully welded and the skid was never removed. Great shop that came recommended to me. I've used them on two of my vehicles now. Let than 2 hours for the whole job.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a Borla - no welding, sounds fine (I think Flowmaster is a bit better sounding) and have had no problems so far. Belly pan had to come off though so I could get at the cat bolts better.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
flowmaster sounds good...muffler shop just dropped one side of the skid a little bit...took about an hour or 1.5 hours for the muffler and tip...they charged me $147 for muffler, tip, labor/installation

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ya, my friend has one. It sounds great, I'm gonna throw one on my 4 banger when I get some cash( sorta hard since I go back to school tomorrow).:(

·
Registered
978 Posts
Should sound better than stock:flipoff: . I'll shoot a video when I install it. My CAI makes a great sound.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
honestly, don't you think that stock exhaust would sound better than a pissed off hornet? ;)

congrats on the new look for your jeep

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
im planning on a cherry bomb too, mostly b/c its only $40 for a new muffler instead of $120, but i heard they sound good as well

1 - 16 of 16 Posts