Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Jeep has sat for about a month, until I drove it in to work yesterday. When I walked out to the garage after work, I noticed a small puddle of fresh oil under the Jeep. Great. Taking a look, it appears oil is leaking from between the automatic transmission and the engine. I snapped the picture below. I haven't checked the leaking oil yet to see if it's red or brown, but I will hopefully later today.

What do you think is going on here, what would be required to fix it, and could I just put off fixing it and just keep an eye on my fluid levels (which I already do)?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
My money is on the the rear main seal. Its very common to leak, as long as you keep an eye on the oil lvl in the engine then you will be ok. I haven't had a jeep that doesn't have a rear main seal leak.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have one that is coming from the timing cover or somewhere around there and running down the oil pan on the right side and ending up looking like yours. I'm doing like Banks316 said and checking oil every fill up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts