Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced oil sensor switch today since last one belched up entire 4 quarts of oil on my dirt lawn...

Lifetime warranty from O'Reilly, a $32 part.

Is it a turd?

First hour after install acted normal: fluctuating 35-50.
I hit the freeway then BAM--glued to 80 pounds and didn't leave 80 the whole day during errands, slow speed, high speeds, or idle.

Electrical problem on my end? Or lemon part?

PS--I have no more oil leak and crankcase has new oil filter and right amount of oil. Also I installed it right. The cap on the wiring harness has the pullover tab on the right side of new sensor.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Every one I have had go bad that is what they have always done peg over to the right. Sounds like inferior parts. I would suggest trying Napa or Carquest they usually carry better quality parts.

I did a quick google search, and came up with a bunch of different topics on it, and it seems lilke a common problem to leak. I think you just got a crap part

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Every one I have had go bad that is what they have always done peg over to the right. Sounds like inferior parts. I would suggest trying Napa or Carquest they usually carry better quality parts.

I did a quick google search, and came up with a bunch of different topics on it, and it seems lilke a common problem to leak. I think you just got a crap part

X2, but you have life time so go get a new one. However if you don't use the right socket to install it , it can be damaged put the new one in! :eek:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Back to O'Reilly's....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts