Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this, looks great! And cheap. But totaled with the packs etc it's around $450. What's everyone think?

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you had to go somewhere that required you to bring extra fuel and water, wouldn't you think a spare tire might be a good idea as well? Makes no sense to me, especially for $450.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Considering I don't run a spare right now.. depends, for hardcore offroaders it's probably not ideal.. I'm boring and do logging roads and don't really have to worry about a spare. Just an option for me.

I was planning on getting the Poison Spyder tailgate tire carrier, that's $1000 unpainted. Then I need the tire / wheel. Then time to install between my work schedule. Also it holds these packs and jack.

·
Registered
7,371 Posts
Considering I don't run a spare right now.. depends, for hardcore offroaders it's probably not ideal.. I'm boring and do logging roads and don't really have to worry about a spare. Just an option for me. I was planning on getting the Poison Spyder tailgate tire carrier, that's $1000 unpainted. Then I need the tire / wheel. Then time to install between my work schedule. Also it holds these packs and jack.
Everyone that's on trail or gravel roads should carry a spare. Doesn't matter how tough your tires are, you could bust a valve stem off. PPP a bead, or get a rock wedge between the wheel and caliper and blow a hole through the rim. Ask me how I know this. Two wheels busted in the the last year.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah sorry about that. I didn't notice til after I posted. It was just a screen shot so I remember what it would cost.

But what I figured was, I'll need all those even if I get the PS carrier. So basically I'm only spending $150 until I upgrade to the tire carrier someday. Then sell it for $80 or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts