Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I recently came into an 88 Renegade. The previous owner for what ever reason, put a 2.5 4banger in it, and with 33" nittos, its a gutless wonder. cant get above 60, does't pull very well on the beach, and gas mileage kinda sucks. I have a 98 S10 with a 4.3L vortec for a project truck. That will get a vortec 5.7 soon, and I am considering putting the 4.3L in the renegade. What are everyone's thoughts on this? suggestions? warnings? tips? anything and everything is welcome. :D

Edit: as a side note, I am a tire/alignment/service tech at a tire store here. I know enough to get most things done, but I haven't done a motor swap yet.

·
Administrator
30,782 Posts
Can't help you much on your question but I can welcome you to the forum. If you have an 88 you might want to post in the YJ section.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Post in the YJ section, but i know they make kits for 4.3 swaps, its a nice upgrade.

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is the YJ section ain't it? LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol. Sorry about the location. Im horrible with the jeep models. they all look and sound the same to me. I have alot to learn. I'll look in the yj area more. Cj's, tj's, yj's... Wth was jeep thinking? Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts