Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new 07 Rubicon owner as of 2 days ago, and Im already anxious to mod it. It is already lifted 3 inches and has new 35 inch tires and new wheels, besides that, its stock. My next idea was to do a 2 inch or so body lift because my tires are close to rubbing, buuuuut....

WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT????
Thanks in advance everyone!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I am a new 07 Rubicon owner as of 2 days ago, and Im already anxious to mod it. It is already lifted 3 inches and has new 35 inch tires and new wheels, besides that, its stock. My next idea was to do a 2 inch or so body lift because my tires are close to rubbing, buuuuut....

Tires are closed to rubbing...what? Maybe your swaybar endlinks, if the backspacing on your wheels is too tight. Or your pinch seams. But with a 3" lift you should be able to disco the swaybars and stuff your suspension to the max without rubbing.

Love this statement, btw: "It is already lifted 3 inches and has new 35 inch tires and new wheels, besides that, its stock."

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Welcome. Hard to recommend mods without knowing what your goals are, exactly what it currently, has, etc.

I would skip the body lift. Just trim the pinch seam and Rubi rail for a little additional piece of mind.

However, if it is a true 3" lift and you don't have any really heavy armor or bumpers, then you shouldn't be "close to rubbing".

Do you have adjustable trackbars or control arms? If not, it might make the ride a little better and steering more responsive. If you don't have any problems with how it rides/steers, then you can skip that.

If it has the stock front bumper, a stubby kit would look good and let those big 35s show a bit more.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems like its close to rubbing on the plastic "side skirt" (idk what else to call it) but when i turn my wheels all the way to either side it definitely rubs on something.. but im gonna take through a little bit of mud and stuff tomorrow and see how it does

And the only reason i bought it modded is because a local small dealer that only sells wranglers, with a few trade ins and other jeep models sometimes, bout it completely stock and put the lift, tires, and wheels on themselves so they are BRAND NEW. I had a friend buy an 03 cobra "mildly" modded and he had to spend over 20000 bucks on a 25000 dollar car so i know how that goes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill post a picture tomorrow when its daylight outside to show what i mean by how its almost rubbing also

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Tgass said:
It seems like its close to rubbing on the plastic "side skirt" (idk what else to call it) but when i turn my wheels all the way to either side it definitely rubs on something.. but im gonna take through a little bit of mud and stuff tomorrow and see how it does

And the only reason i bought it modded is because a local small dealer that only sells wranglers, with a few trade ins and other jeep models sometimes, bout it completely stock and put the lift, tires, and wheels on themselves so they are BRAND NEW. I had a friend buy an 03 cobra "mildly" modded and he had to spend over 20000 bucks on a 25000 dollar car so i know how that goes.
That's your pitch seem I think, Easy fix. Got a saws all ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plastic side skirt? I'm lost. You mean the fenders? Air dam?

Not the fenders, I'm very bad at explaining things, ill just post a few pictures tomorrow so maybe it'll make sense.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Never mind, i went back to the place a bought it and asked them about it and they said there is no way that it would rub on it, but i do plan on either cutting the fenders myself or buying some new ones.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
My first mod was to remove the rear head rests so I could see better out the rear view....

·
Registered
768 Posts
Ballandchain said:
My first mod was to remove the rear head rests so I could see better out the rear view....
Haha 2x one of the best free mods ever

But your your gonna do any wheeling get a winch...nuff said

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts

I would advise against a body lift over 1" and would advise against it in general. The key to wheeling a Jeep is low COG, especially a short wheelbase 2 door. Like mentioned your pinch seams may need trimmed, and the air dam can be trimmed or removed. 3" lift with 35's should be perfect, hoping it is done right.

-Dan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts