Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my Jeep on Saturday. My step dad and I both got one on the same day.

I wanted a Whiley's but got a sport with 3.73's and Posi instead.

On Sunday I bought some Rubicon wheels and tires for 300 off craigslist, today went and got some pro comp wheels from 4 wheel parts. Getting them mounted and balanced tomorrow. Will be selling the black rubicon wheels and stock rims and tires to buy some sliders/steps. I can't decide on a lift, I don't want anything to crazy to where I'll have to change out the front drive shaft and stuff. Just something quick and give me enough clearance to go most places.

I am coming from owning multiple vw's and this is my first Jeep. Although I grew up with my dad owning lifted trucks, riding dirtbikes, and wheeling this is my first time doing it on my own. My family has a large farm in Panaca Nv, and 5k acres and 3 cabins in Utah as well. So I've spent tons of time hunting, fishing, and camping growing up.

Can't wait to hit the trails and hopefully meet some people with the same interests.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Congratulations on your new toys.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Welcome to the Jeep family!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Do you guys post group drives on here or are you part of clubs. The VW guys in Las Vegas are very scattered and not much accepting so in hoping the jeepers aren't like that :)

Now time to learn.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
From time to time. Its been pretty quiet lately. Keep an eye on this thread and you will start seeing some activity again. I've been working in California for a month or so and just don't feel like driving when I get home. As soon as I get back to town permanently I will be up for some trail time.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Love to help out but I got some medical issues that have me grounded for awhile. Should be back at it and on the road in a few months.

I haven't been out since December so as soon as I get a release to go pins some trails I'll let you all know.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Love to help out but I got some medical issues that have me grounded for awhile. Should be back at it and on the road in a few months.

I haven't been out since December so as soon as I get a release to go pins some trails I'll let you all know.
Get well Joe! I was wondering why we hadn't seen you in such a long time.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome to jeeping. We will post something soon because it has been to long Joe Ray time to get out again and welcome the new jeep to the trails. Look forward to meeting you

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Sorry about the health. I had some health scares last year that had me tied up for about 7 months. Nothing more depressing than wanting to do things that your body wont let you do.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Welcome to the fun

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Picked up smitty built sliders for the jeep today. Will be installing them in the garage this weekend.

Now time to find the right lift. Any suggestions? Budget conscious?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Picked up smitty built sliders for the jeep today. Will be installing them in the garage this weekend.

Now time to find the right lift. Any suggestions? Budget conscious?

Check out Metalcloak, Teraflex or Rock Krawler.... All good quality lifts, just remember you get what you pay for....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Adams driveshaft got me a nice deal on a rough country 6in. Pretty easy install. Literally a week old so of course I'm pretty stoked rock sliders next

image-3233121386.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:beerdrinking:
This thread is so boring with no pics...! Welcome to the forum, feel free to post up some pics of your new machine....
View attachment 1130778
Honestly I know. But unfortunately this site does not use tapatalk?

Here. Saturday got it stock we all know what that looks like.
Sunday first set of wheels for the tires

Monday second set of wheels installed

Today Smitty built sliders. Wanted LoD sliders but wife said no... :(
They look like this

Then looking at lifts. I don't want a 6in lift. Just a simple 3in lift to start. I read go with coil lift then add on later with shocks adj control arms, etc. I just daily the Jeep and don't think I should go overboard.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Honestly I know. But unfortunately this site does not use tapatalk?

Here. Saturday got it stock we all know what that looks like.
Sunday first set of wheels for the tires

Monday second set of wheels installed

Today Smitty built sliders. Wanted LoD sliders but wife said no... :(
They look like this

Then looking at lifts. I don't want a 6in lift. Just a simple 3in lift to start. I read go with coil lift then add on later with shocks adj control arms, etc. I just daily the Jeep and don't think I should go overboard.
Cool....!!!! Nice color by the way...

·
Registered
407 Posts
:beerdrinking: This thread is so boring with no pics...! Welcome to the forum, feel free to post up some pics of your new machine....
Love those pics of the tires that only have dirt/sand on the treds.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts