Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2017 JKU that is, and will remain, my daily driver. To this point, I'm in a bit of a dilemma--what lift do I want / need? Because I don't want to do any re-gearing, nor do I want to run into any other suspension / steering issues, I want to go with 33s at this point.

So, If I add a 2.5" lift will 33s be ok? Also, what should I look for in a good lift kit?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Sport model?

If so, keeping a thinner tire may help in not needing a regearing. My 2012 with 2.5" lift and 33x12.5" tires feels a bit sluggish, and I probably will eventually regear.

2.5" is pretty common, and would probably be good for you. But it's ultimately up to you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@llessuryort Yes, it is a Sport model.

Any advice on a selecting a lift? I've seen the spacer options along with full blown shocks, springs, and linkages. Not sure what to go with.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
What you need depends on what you want to do with the Jeep. If it's a street only driver you could just level it or leave it stock. If you want to offroad, start going and figure out what you need. If you're like me and deadset on bigger tires, figure out what tire size you want and build around that.

Either way if you're going to be driving on the street and lifting make sure you address your steering geometry.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What is your ratio now?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think something like the TF leveling kit with 33s looks great and you wouldn't have any problem running 33s with that gear ratio. You don't need to do a lot of other modifications with just a leveling kit and it maintains factory ride quality as a daily driver. This is how i have mine set up and I love it!

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
3.73 will be fine with 33s. You could do 35s as well, but it will be a little sluggish. Teraflex, Zone and Rubicon Express are all pretty cheap and have nice complete kits with good reviews; I think TF will be the most popular choice. Any complete kit will come with everything you need to get it done.

·
Registered
237 Posts
3.73 will be fine with 33s. You could do 35s as well, but it will be a little sluggish. Teraflex, Zone and Rubicon Express are all pretty cheap and have nice complete kits with good reviews; I think TF will be the most popular choice. Any complete kit will come with everything you need to get it done.
Yep.
35s with a 2.5" lift and stock fenders is a great look that remains very drivable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts