Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I bought my first wrangler in early July. I have about 2k on it. It was a brand new, 2 door with the soft top and 6 speed. Dash says I'm getting 23.7 city/highway mix. On the one road trip about an hour on I80 I was up to 24.1.

Can that be right? I drive like an old man, but still. It's rated 18-21. I've reset the thing and everything.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Was it all downhill ?!? :)

R u completely stock ?
no tuning, no weight loss, no driveline changes ?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Are you doing about 60mph? And its hot weather?

Before lifting it, my sahara with auto and 3.73 could easily get 23+ in the right conditions.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
One road trip last year I averaged 24mpg (manual calculation) driving no more than 55mph with the family. Have not seen those numbers since...:)

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
Shades of the old double nickle. Don't let the morons at the Department of Energy know that or they will be out changing speed limit signs again.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Anywhere from 45-60 depending on the road. I shift around 1600. Weather is anywhere from 65-80 degrees.
You have nice weather and you shift earlier than most people I know, so it's possible. I drive the auto in 'manual mode' sometimes and shift at 1800, and I'll still get 17.5 mpg driving like that, even after the bigger tires. It's only ruined when I sit at lights or city traffic bogs me down, if I can drive 45-55 mph on open country roads it's easy to see 20mpg for a time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts