Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up pplz. Got a '99 recently and have a few things to talk about. Wondering if anyone had a few good tips about them. Anything, everything helps haha Today I took the full top off and tried the other top. It only went across the top and didn't reach the back of the top beams, not sure what it's called and I'm only hoping that I put it on the right way. It uses mostly straps and I'm not sure if I'm still supposed to use the adjustable black bars. This jeep doesn't have a manual and I'm not sure which company is good for a owner/repair manual. Misty got 195.5k and supposed got a jasper engine at 165. No paperwork to show for it though. Ask me questions, as two minds are better than one!! Staying optimistic! This is truly going to be a fun summer. -Ghai

·
Registered
485 Posts
Um. What???
Troy

·
Registered
130 Posts
Might be a better help if you posted to the TJ section instead of the jk section in the future. But I take it you're trying to put the soft top on and if it uses mostly straps is it a frame less top like a rampage top? But since you said it doesn't reach the back it could be some sort of bikini top, they just use straps and a rubber lip that folds under the windshield header channel and reaches back to the sound bar. The black bars you're referring to I'd guess would be the door surrounds maybe although they aren't really adjustable. My TJ has soft upper doors so I need to use em, don't think ya need em with full doors. Maybe someone else with more knowledge will chime in.

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
A suggestion to get a maintenance manual for your Jeep, year/model would be Amazon. They surprised me when I ordered one for my Jeep. They must have everything ever printed there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts