Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! new to this forum just picked myself up a new 2014 blue unlimited polar edition 6spd!! reading through the forum first thing that caught my eye was the "minor" locking issues. i have the mopar wheel locks on all five wheels. But it seems that within seconds of looking at the spare i can think of a few ways to steal that spare... and of course the ability to quickly gain access to the engine bay... i rarely spend much time in "bad areas" so just want everyones input on that... and also noticed today I'm at apron 360 miles.... but when shifting between 2nd 3rd and 4th, when i push down to disengage the clutch the clutch lever at the foot makes a sound. ( hard to describe ) let me think....(it does not do it when in first or neutral as many times as i step down on it) best way i can describe is as the noise made when you accendtally drag your boots in the winter across the floor while walking... it shifts fine does not effect shifting...should i be worried or am i being overly OCD??? i had a jetta that was stick years ago....so I'm tinkling its not a me shifting improperly issue?? i just got my windows tinted saturday as well! no problems there! very excited and looking forward to having this jeep as my daily!!!

·
Retired Moderator
105,574 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

Mopar offers a lock for your hood.

I went down to Discount tire, and they installed special lock nuts on my spare, that requires a special socket to take them off. If somebody wants something bad enough, they will always find a way...:(

I have the 5 speed auto, so somebody else will have to answer your other question.

Enjoy your new ride..........:thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.