Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends!

My clear coat is peeling on the jeep so I'll be painting her soon. I think I'm going to go with the same dark green. I'm a bit torn on the hood and top of the fenders. They are done with bed liner. Should I just leave those the way they are? I can get a new hood and fenders cheap. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!! :beerme:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I LOVE that dark green, always have. personally I wouldn't want my hood and fenders like that, but to save money you might as well leave it. Otherwise great Jeep, and definitely keep that color! Mine came from the factory with dark green but before I bought it someone painted it black. I want to return it to green eventually.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It's always the most cost effective not to change color when doing a paint job.

Is it possible to paint over the bedliner that is on it? That would give you durability and still match the color.

Just a thought

·
Super Moderator
12,716 Posts
Search the CL ads for a hood and possibly fenders. It's hard to find good used parts for 25 year old vehicles but they do exist.
Plan on $100.00+ for a hood and more for each fender depending on your area. You should gat something for your old parts. Look out for rust on used fenders.
Personally, I prefer paint on exterior body panels but I have seen a couple Wranglers that have been bedlinered that have a burley aura to them. It depends on the overall styling.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts