Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we had a good summer, time to get ready for school in couple weeks
Got the Argent AEV Pintlers... tires come next but can't decide if 33's no lift or go 35's and 2.5 lift
Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
AEV 2.5 and 35's is what I have and love it. But I have never needed to go anywhere 33's did not take me just have to approach smartly. There is a balance effect that goes into play to, to or not to re-enforce your stock D30 if you go 35's. I did not and have wheeled it pretty hard, bent a few things underneath but my D30 is fine. Guess the BIG question is what gear ration you have?

I went ahead and had/having the T&T truss installed since I was doing gears and lockers. (my JK is in the shop now)

33's also look a lot bigger on the 2dr than the 4dr. depending on your budget, a leveling kit and some 33's might be perfect if you have the cash to burn mid as well do the lift.

My JKU

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the 3.73 with rugged ridge hitch assembly. JK came with 3.73 gears but no hitch.
Been running an Iphone mileage app since Jan still average 20mpg real time and correlates with the on board.
Avoid door dings.....use ACE rails

·
Registered
276 Posts
33's or 35's look fine on a 2 door. Your preference.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Got the 3.73 with rugged ridge hitch assembly. JK came with 3.73 gears but no hitch.
Been running an Iphone mileage app since Jan still average 20mpg real time and correlates with the on board.
Avoid door dings.....use ACE rails
I think the ACE rails were the best investment ever. I've got a few "dings" in the side of my rails where some tool wasn't paying attention to how they were opening their door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts