Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody see these new joints on the forums ?
Pretty cool design. I asked Dave if they were anything like the MC Joints. He said ....
Well this

"These are NOT the same as MC joints. They use a single Durometer rubber with a vulcanized ball in the center. Theirs also rotates in the ID of the bushing housing and requires grease/maintaince. Ours uses a dual durometer urethane. They are hard on the inside where the inner sleeve rides & soft on the outter where the articulation occurs. There is a also a Teflon liner on the ID where the bushing sleeve rides. The outter ID is nylon and are press fit.

The first units will be to replace the Clevite style ends. More sizes and applications will be coming down the pipe line later"

Looks like the stock clevite style end is going to be running these new joints first. Later the JJ.
RK's new joints. Now I'm hearing TF has one under development.
All these new parts from different manufactures is making my head spin :D

Attachments

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Did you get a set of these? Are those in hand?

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
These look very interesting. I mentioned these on another forum (more like a circle-jerk cult, it seems) and they thought it was "cheesy" that I mentioned it. Inbreeding will do that to you, I suppose. Anyway, I'm looking forward to what people think when these actually start being used. What are the advantages? Longevity? Comfort? Low Maintenance?

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
JKO isn't that bad. Wayalife. Some of the guys there are cool but some are just unbalanced and delusional...and they dangle off Eddie.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Did not know the history. Sounds interesting. As far as Eddie and his merry band of boys is concerned, you're not missing much of any consequence.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for posting up Kjeeper10. We have been testing this design for a little over 2 years now with zero issues on the current design and urethane combo. We will be making more sizes in this design and using them for all of our suspension components including trackbars.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Dave, what are the advantages of this joint? While Wayalife may not be over excited about this, some of us are not as biased or angry (or conniving) about all this. Looking forward to hearing more about and seeing these joints in action.

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I keep messing up and mentioning Synergy every now and then. It is now making sense why he gets pissed off at me. Someone called me a troll too. I just was not aware of the intense history. "Synergy" shows up but I suppose I am a keystroke away from getting banned there. Eek!

Xxxx xxxxxxxxxx

^ That's all we knew about PolyPerf. back when he owned JKF... Same for WOL?

Scribed for more info

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I keep messing up and mentioning Synergy every now and then. It is now making sense why he gets pissed off at me. Someone called me a troll too. I just was not aware of the intense history. "Synergy" shows up but I suppose I am a keystroke away from getting banned there. Eek!
Lol too funny.

I can't imagine not being able to talk about certain manufacturers, Just because the don't pay the site ... Really ?
Autoguide made him rich. Bad move scooping up that forum :nonono:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dave, what are the advantages of this joint? While Wayalife may not be over excited about this, some of us are not as biased or angry (or conniving) about all this. Looking forward to hearing more about and seeing these joints in action.
Advantages:
-Very durable = long life
-Maintaince free
-Self centering
-Allows for misalignment /arm articulation (30 degrees)
-Price point ($20-$25 retail)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh...
I need a front track bar. Hurry up :D
Working on it!

x2...Im ready to replace the joint in my synergy track bar. :happyyes:
Its coming!

ban ban ban!

Lol too funny.

I can't imagine not being able to talk about certain manufacturers, Just because the don't pay the site ... Really ?
Autoguide made him rich. Bad move scooping up that forum :nonono:
Whats funny is that I tried to pay him... He wouldn't take my $$$, thats why we helped Lance bank roll JKO after Shaffer gave it up.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts