Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a chance to check these out yet?
Pro Comp Tires - 315/75R16, A/T Sport | 4WD.com

They almost seem identical to Toyo A/T II tread design.

Very curious if these are as quiet as they say, since that was the Toyo's advantage. I'd be willing to try them :) hint hint

The 60k Treadwear Warranty is appealing.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Super Moderator
10,685 Posts
Check with Mike W. He had some ProComps on his Rubicon. I believe they were MTs, but I think they looked like these. Of course I could be wrong.

FWIW, he wasn't very happy with them.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lot of views but no reviews!

·
Registered
669 Posts
I had PROCOMP all-terrain extreme my 2012 Rubicon they were great tires. I liked them so much that when I bought my 2015 Willys I replace the stock ties with PROCOMP all-terrain extreme. I have great traction and A 50,000 mile warranty. Not very noisy at all. They look similar to what is posted but are more extreme.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
i thought they were made by cooper, and cooper absolutely makes some trailworthy tires.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bump. Will most likely be purchasing these tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Purchased these tires... I purchased the 317/75/16 with the ProComp 7031 wheels. Here is a little review:

1) These tires are VERY quiet. On local city roads, I could not hear them, with no difference from stock tires. At freeway speeds there is a slight hum as to be expected, but it's not terrible; to be honest, the wind noise is louder. I do not mind the hum at all and gets blended with the engine noise anyway.

2) They do not hide harsh. They are a soft ride and are comfortable. I dropped them down to 32 psi which seems to be a solid number. It could be that I got the 16" version which has more sidewall, but they are soft and comfortable. I cannot speak for the 17".

3) They measure up to be just under 34" mounted and installed which is fine for me. It is not a true 35", but most tires aren't anyway.

4) Looks. They look really good! They have a similar tread pattern to the Toyo AT/II and for an All-terrain, they look aggressive but not overly so. Since my Jeep is a mostly a DD, I did not want to get a tire that sacrifices on-road comfort. They have insane amounts of siping that appears to be all the way through the tread, and not just on the surface.

5) MPG. This is probably the only weak spot. **NOTE** I have not yet calibrated my speedo with a Flashcal yet. I seem to be hovering at around 15 or slightly below mpg without the odometer corrected. Since it is a larger tire, I should be getting more after I re-calibrate. I drive 12.5 miles to work, all city driving. I took it down to SD from LA and averaged 16.5 mpg on the freeway (again odometer not calibrated)

6) Installation: These were a total pain to balance and caused my steering wheel to shake at around 45 mph. I had to go back to Americas Tire twice after I got them. The first time I went back, they did a simple re-balance. Second time they did a Road Force Balance which seems to have fixed the vibration and steering wheel shake.

TLDR:

PROS:
Quiet
Look Good
Soft and not harsh
Awesome warranty

CONS:
MPG suffered (will update after I use a Flashcal)
Difficult to Balance.

Pics will follow shortly.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As promised:

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
They really do look similar to the toyos, and for the price with a 60k warranty they are pretty hard to beat. Hope they work out for you! As far as size my duratracs in the same size still were a little shorter than that mounted...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They really do look similar to the toyos, and for the price with a 60k warranty they are pretty hard to beat. Hope they work out for you! As far as size my duratracs in the same size still were a little shorter than that mounted...
Yah the price is what interested me in these. I'm happy with them. I would recommend the tires! Does anyone else have them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
How have these been for you so far? Have you taken them off road at all? Looking at getting these as Quadratec has a pretty good deal on them.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How have these been for you so far? Have you taken them off road at all? Looking at getting these as Quadratec has a pretty good deal on them.
No joke, these tires are REALLY good. They are SUPER quiet on the streets, minor hum on freeway. Off road they handled well, didn't have to worry about sidewalls and they bit in pretty good. I'd recommend these tires for a DD with off road adventures. Can't beat the price either

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ever do that flashcal update? Curious as to real world MPG.
Not yet... It's on the list haha. My mpg wouldn't be representative anyway since I'm pretty much red light to red light on my commute.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts