Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And here we go again, custom ordered 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon. I have step rails, bumper and winch so those will be done in the next week or two. Then I will drive it for a few weeks to get a feel for the factory suspension.. RK 2.5” triple rate springs and MetalCloak RockSport shock are on the shop ready to swap in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2006 TJ Rubicon, 4.0, automatic
3,186 Posts
Looks good as is, but can’t wait for the build! I bet it’s going to look killer when it’s done! Congratulations!!

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good as is, but can’t wait for the build! I bet it’s going to look killer when it’s done! Congratulations!!
Thanks. I do like it the way it is actually. Just need a step For the wife and a bumper for the winch and we are good. I like the height as is so the 2.5” springs should compensate for the bumper and winch.

·
Super Moderator
3,186 Posts
Might be that you just need a spacer in the front to compensate for the added weight. I have to keep the vertically challenged in mind as well as I plan out my build. The wife will kill me if I don’t think of her. 🤣

·
Super Moderator
3,186 Posts
Lift it 4” and tell her it’s a challenge! She’ll get a medal if she lands clean on the first try! 🤣 just kidding!

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Received some A pillar light brackets to mount my Auxbeam amber fog lights. Something definitely different and being aluminum hopefully they won’t corrode like the steel ones.

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’ve never heard about an Extreme Recon Edition. Is this a factory order?
The original Recon is the special edition. The Xtreme Recon is a 35” Tire and axle package that can be added on to a Rubicon or Willys. The high point of the package is the HD Mojave/392 front differential housing with 4.56 gears, steel knuckles and performance brakes. Other parts of the package include the 392 Beadlock capable wheels with 315/70R-17 BFG KO2, 1.5” lift, Mopar tailgate support/tire carrier and extra wheel flares…

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The latest add on are these Cloud-Rider mud flaps for everyday DD duty. I’ll take them off to go wheeling.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts