Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2017 Recon. Having been a long-time USAA member, combined with an end of the month dealer motivation, I was blessed to get quite an outstanding deal (and good grief, MSRP was almost $51k). Thankful too for this forum for helping me sort out all the "little" things in my research. Because of that, I held out for the 4.10 (not the easiest to find) and the Alpine system. Having shopped these all over SoCal, I'm pretty sure this one has all the options I'll need. Although black was my second choice, I couldn't pass it up. Happy to be back in the Jeep fold since I sold my '98 Sahara in 2001. Looking forward to learning a lot from you all.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Just purchased a 2017 Recon. Having been a long-time USAA member, combined with an end of the month dealer motivation, I was blessed to get quite an outstanding deal (and good grief, MSRP was almost $51k). Thankful too for this forum for helping me sort out all the "little" things in my research. Because of that, I held out for the 4.10 (not the easiest to find) and the Alpine system. Having shopped these all over SoCal, I'm pretty sure this one has all the options I'll need. Although black was my second choice, I couldn't pass it up. Happy to be back in the Jeep fold since I sold my '98 Sahara in 2001. Looking forward to learning a lot from you all.
Welcome to the forum. That's a very nice looking Jeep!!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
That's a good looking Jeep :thumb:.

Coming from someone with the Hard Rock rims, I have developed an appreciation for the alloys Jeep has been offering on most of the new models (Recon included). Many people change things like wheels and tires, but I'd be tempted to leave those for awhile unless needing a different wheel for offset and tire fitting purposes.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Congratulations! Great looking Jeep!

·
Super Moderator
2,852 Posts
Welcome back to the Jeep life! If your going to get back into Jeeping that's the Jeep to do it with.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$51k........ Unbelievable....................

I know right. These have never been inexpensive but man, too much. Guy before me bought almost the same one, 3.73, paid full sticker. Yikes. Fun has its cost I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Recon in black is the best combo imo. Good luck with it and my condolences to your bank account going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks all for the well wishes, especially the guy who doesn't like my wheels LOL. There's always one in every forum, whether it's watches, cars, or guns. Looking forward to having some fun on here and on the road for sure.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts